Law School Discussion

best editing service for personal statements?

Faye

best editing service for personal statements?
« on: October 14, 2003, 12:26:18 PM »
I wanted to know which editing service is the best one to use (or most popular one) to have my personal statement edited-- any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

litely04

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: best editing service for personal statements?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2003, 12:45:31 PM »
I used an editing service before I sent my personal statement out.  I think I paid $99 for the service, and I was basically pleased.  However, I think it is very important to wait until you have a very well thought out personal statement before sending it in.  I basically used it to double check my grammar, spelling, etc., not for major issues.  I'll also add that in some ways my paper came back a bit jumbled.  I just used a few of the suggestions to strengthen my paper, it definitely did not come back in perfect form.  But, I feel that a few of the wording and organization suggestions were useful in the strengthening of my essay.  If you have an extra $80-$100 laying around I'd say go for it, otherwise you might try asking a professor or writing workshop to go through it. 

I hope this helps!  Good luck

Ivy_Hopeful

• Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2003, 08:37:12 AM »
I agree, go with a professor by far before you go to a place like EssayEdge, this is a waste of money ules that is you hav money to burn  ;)

bobfett33

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2004, 03:48:44 PM »
I'll be happy to edit your essay for half that much. 

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2004, 10:09:15 AM »
I'll underbid Bob by $10.00.

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2016, 03:26:57 AM »
I wanted to know which editing service is the best one to use (or most popular one) to have my personal statement edited-- any recommendations would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Iíve  tested a lot of services during my work.  And to be honest, Iím not a fan of any of the resources Iíve used.  There isn't a single best service. But there are some important tips for effective essay editing Ė from using editing software (Ginger Ė as a variant) to reading your paper aloud. I wish you find the most favorable proofreading service, but donít forget You have only yourself.

Kobayashi Maru

• Amplecti lactaverunt !
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 08:23:37 PM »
For personal statements I am against this, but this feels like bait to get you to want to use them for other essays too.
Warning: Many Schools consider this type of thing on actual school essays or papers to be an honor code violation and can thus effect your character and fitness.

That being said.........don't self snitch and you most likely won't get caught (if you don't mind knowing you are in the wrong) In retrospect my grades would be a bit higher if I had, still can't ethically recommend it though.