Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Really slow LSDAS LOR process time?  (Read 626 times)

VANOS

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Really slow LSDAS LOR process time?
« on: September 18, 2005, 02:10:59 AM »
I have recommender that sent in letter like 1.5 weeks ago and it still does not show as received by LSDAS, anyone else noticing huge delays like this recently? I am starting to get worried...
ACCEPTED: Georgetown (ED)

snikrep

Re: Really slow LSDAS LOR process time?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2005, 02:29:18 AM »
There are rumors that they installed a huge shredder in their mailroom and when they were testing it they grabbed the wrong bag of paper and destroyed a couple thousand pieces of mail...

...Developing...

ChlorasepticRelief

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yeah... you like that don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2005, 02:35:00 AM »
True story...

Just call them and ask them if your LOR was one of the thousands shredded. They'll know what you're talking about.

Seriously though, I'm in the same boat you are... It's taking a long time, and I'm regretting not having them sent in in the middle of the summer. Oh, well. I'm still ahead of the pack as far as I'm concerned.

Heading to Indiana University, Bloomington

marcus06

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 09:04:49 AM »
FYI: I had a prof mail in a rec (from CA) on Monday, 9/12 and it was received and processed by LSAC on Friday, 9/16.

I also had another prof mail a rec from England about a week and a half ago, and it hasn't shown up yet (i hate international mail).

I'm just thankful it isn't like last year...it apparently took up to a month (or more) for recs to show up this time of year...

John Galt

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2005, 11:18:10 AM »
I sent two letters in the same priority mail envelope last monday. One was processed on thursday and the other hasn't shown yet. Go figure. They were both in the same envelope though.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2005, 11:22:14 AM »
Welcome to "application season."

Its best to not even look at LSD to see when others had stuff processed.  There's no reason to it.  Some take days, some take weeks.  It's entirely random, and only gets worse from here.

Geddon187

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 03:14:58 PM »
Same situation here - 2 letters sent at the same time.  One processed last week the other is outstanding. ???
well at least you have an outstanding rec.

jeb240

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2005, 03:37:10 PM »
Same situation here - 2 letters sent at the same time.  One processed last week the other is outstanding. ???

"Say 'G'night,' Gracie."
"G'night Gracie."

John Galt

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2005, 04:21:19 PM »

I have to admit, this was witty.