Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: nba draft - ha seung-jin  (Read 3202 times)

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
Re: nba draft - ha seung-jin
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2004, 11:25:18 AM »
kobe will NOT play on the lakers if shaq is there...and vice versa.  the ambiguously gay duo will be split up.
i think it would be stupid for anyone to pickup shaq for what he wants or would get from the lakers.  he's at the end of his career...it's not worth it. 

i predict the lakers to be the same, minus malone and pick up rudy t. from houston as their coach.  I think they would then make it to the playoffs again. 

any team would have to change their offense to be around him, and that would create too much strife.  good luck on shaq being NOT the "center" of the offense.  he wouldn't go for it.  and if he was, the other stars won't go for it either.

'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

jgomez

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2004, 11:27:30 AM »
you're funny...

kobe will NOT play on the lakers if shaq is there...and vice versa.  the ambiguously gay duo will be split up.
i think it would be stupid for anyone to pickup shaq for what he wants or would get from the lakers.  he's at the end of his career...it's not worth it. 

i predict the lakers to be the same, minus malone and pick up rudy t. from houston as their coach.  I think they would then make it to the playoffs again. 

any team would have to change their offense to be around him, and that would create too much strife.  good luck on shaq being NOT the "center" of the offense.  he wouldn't go for it.  and if he was, the other stars won't go for it either.

thinknpositive

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2004, 11:29:41 AM »
I think the sixers should've taken nelson... eric snow and aaron mckie are becoming less and less effective at the point... especially aaron mckie (who plays backup whenever he's healthy, but how often is that?)

plus , it would've been fun to watch nelson and iverson play together

it might have been fun, but they need size and a presence on the inside.  personally, i think iguodala was a bad choice for them.  they have only one 7 footer (mcculloch) and hes not even a real player.  they should have taken ha seung jin. 

They definitely had their eye on a big man but I'm glad they didn't take one.  The sixers habe bad luck with them, i.e. bradley.  They took the best player available.  I think that's a good strategy as opposed to looking to fill needs and taking a lesser ranked prospect.  Dalembert is 6'11'' that's pretty damn close to being a 7 footer.  Now they have a quazi big man, 3 perimeter players in Thomas, Mckie and Snow, and the answer.  They should make the playoffs, but that's not saying much

I think Eric Snow is decent, and Mckie will never be a bona fied starter. 

Ginatio

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2004, 11:31:05 AM »
Dalembert did a pretty decent job in the middle this year.

mcculloch is on the roster, but he's never going to play another game in his life--he has some sort of degenerative brain/spinal nerve disease. He spent this entire past season as the radio broadcaster for sixers games.

As far as the sixers needing a big man... they need a proven big man, not a project. come shaq... come to philadelphia... all the cheesesteaks you can eat, big guy...

I think the sixers should've taken nelson... eric snow and aaron mckie are becoming less and less effective at the point... especially aaron mckie (who plays backup whenever he's healthy, but how often is that?)

it might have been fun, but they need size and a presence on the inside.  personally, i think iguodala was a bad choice for them.  they have only one 7 footer (mcculloch) and hes not even a real player.  they should have taken ha seung jin. 

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2004, 11:35:41 AM »
if the sixers could afford him...but they have no money. 

mcculloch is on the roster, but he's never going to play another game in his life--he has some sort of degenerative brain/spinal nerve disease. He spent this entire past season as the radio broadcaster for sixers games.

As far as the sixers needing a big man... they need a proven big man, not a project. come shaq... come to philadelphia... all the cheesesteaks you can eat, big guy...

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2004, 11:39:45 AM »
my prediction:

nowitsky and maybe nash will go to the lakers for shaq.  shaq will play with the mavs.

if rasheed wallace decides not to play with the pistons next year, they might have a shot at bringing kobe in, though they will have to give up a few more players to stay under the cap.  but this is just a pipe dream.

wallace should stay in detroit. 

it would have also been nice to see jameer play with melo.

thinknpositive

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2004, 11:42:14 AM »
Maybe if they hadn't signed DC and Kenny Thomas to rediculous contracts, things would be different. 

Diesel would love the cheesesteaks.  I could see him eating 10 or 11 without pausing to breath.  Elton Brand would be a nice addition as well.

Mcculloch is done.

Ginatio

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2004, 11:42:37 AM »
hence the cheesesteaks offer... i think it's fair

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2004, 11:46:17 AM »
is brand available?  the clips will never let him go though...hes the only 'decent' player they have at the pf position.  he is their francise player until livingston comes up.  but livingston reminds me of another tayshaun prince.  i wouldnt build a team around him.

Maybe if they hadn't signed DC and Kenny Thomas to rediculous contracts, things would be different. 

Diesel would love the cheesesteaks.  I could see him eating 10 or 11 without pausing to breath.  Elton Brand would be a nice addition as well.

Mcculloch is done.

thinknpositive

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2004, 11:54:19 AM »
The all knowing  ::) Stephen A. Smith mentioned it.  Personally, I think he would be easier to get than Shaq because it would require less payroll manipulation. 

is brand available?  the clips will never let him go though...hes the only 'decent' player they have at the pf position.  he is their francise player until livingston comes up.  but livingston reminds me of another tayshaun prince.  i wouldnt build a team around him.

Mcculloch is done.