Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: nba draft - ha seung-jin  (Read 3334 times)

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
nba draft - ha seung-jin
« on: June 25, 2004, 10:38:37 AM »
so the first ever korean player was drafted last night...

Ha Seung Jin
7'3, 305 Center

drafted 46th by Portland.

any thoughts on this pick/player or the draft in general?

personally, i think orlando's first pick of dwight howard was just garbage.  if they brought on okafor, they might have been able to keep tmac.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

thinknpositive

Re: nba draft - ha seung-jin
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 10:40:51 AM »
so the first ever korean player was drafted last night...

Ha Seung Jin
7'3, 305 Center

drafted 46th by Portland.

any thoughts on this pick/player or the draft in general?

personally, i think orlando's first pick of dwight howard was just garbage.  if they brought on okafor, they might have been able to keep tmac.

That's a big ass asian.

I like who the sixers got, anyone get a chance to see him play?

I also can't believe Nelson dropped to the 20th pick and West got picked shortly thereafter.  Nelson is a gamer, he's going to be a superstar someday.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 10:48:25 AM »
That's a big ass asian.

I also can't believe Nelson dropped to the 20th pick and West got picked shortly thereafter.  Nelson is a gamer, he's going to be a superstar someday.

i can see nelson maturing and becoming another gary payton.  that was a shame that all those teams passed on him, including miami.  hes a clutch player.

Ginatio

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 10:59:32 AM »
miami didn't need another (shorter) dwayne wade...

That's a big ass asian.

i can see nelson maturing and becoming another gary payton.  that was a shame that all those teams passed on him, including miami.  hes a clutch player.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 11:04:15 AM »
i dont understand...so they took dorell wright?  they didnt need another lamar odom, caron butler, or a samaki walker. 

how does that make sense?  they could have taken nelson and used him as leverage for another trade.  they can always use another guard.  only wade and skip-to-my-lou are the only ball handlers on that team. 

miami didn't need another (shorter) dwayne wade...

That's a big ass asian.

Ginatio

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 11:17:42 AM »
I think the sixers should've taken nelson... eric snow and aaron mckie are becoming less and less effective at the point... especially aaron mckie (who plays backup whenever he's healthy, but how often is that?)

plus , it would've been fun to watch nelson and iverson play together

thinknpositive

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2004, 11:18:56 AM »
That's a big ass asian.

I'm not sure if Miami needed him but Portland and Utah should have taken him for sure.

How about the Mavs stockpiling all those players.  I was surprised they didn't finalize a deal for the diesel.   

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2004, 11:21:15 AM »
I think the sixers should've taken nelson... eric snow and aaron mckie are becoming less and less effective at the point... especially aaron mckie (who plays backup whenever he's healthy, but how often is that?)

plus , it would've been fun to watch nelson and iverson play together

it might have been fun, but they need size and a presence on the inside.  personally, i think iguodala was a bad choice for them.  they have only one 7 footer (mcculloch) and hes not even a real player.  they should have taken ha seung jin. 

jgomez

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2004, 11:22:43 AM »
i think it would be stupid for anyone to pickup shaq for what he wants or would get from the lakers.  he's at the end of his career...it's not worth it. 

i predict the lakers to be the same, minus malone and pick up rudy t. from houston as their coach.  I think they would then make it to the playoffs again. 

any team would have to change their offense to be around him, and that would create too much strife.  good luck on shaq being NOT the "center" of the offense.  he wouldn't go for it.  and if he was, the other stars won't go for it either.

That's a big ass asian.

I'm not sure if Miami needed him but Portland and Utah should have taken him for sure.

How about the Mavs stockpiling all those players.  I was surprised they didn't finalize a deal for the diesel.   

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2004, 11:24:05 AM »
That's a big ass asian.

theyre not gonna finalize anything until the waters settle down a bit with all other teams being frantic.  mavs will have shaq next year.