Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How would you Handle this??  (Read 475 times)

KayakAnyone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
How would you Handle this??
« on: September 17, 2005, 04:22:35 AM »
god i love spoiled college athletes whose parents buy them a townhouse.  my fondness of them only grows as three friday nights in a row i have come home around 2 or 3 to find my garage and driveway totally blocked by their friends/teammates/groupies.  Last time wasn't so bad, i just blocked their friends cars.  yet this time, my car is actually in the garage!  But today is the absolute best -- i actually have to be somewhere--and said neighbors aren't sure where their 2 friends belonging to the 2 cars are but they probably will not be back before 10 and they have no keys to the cars.  we've gone through this dance before.  i don't want to tow the cars -- i cant imagine war with the guys.  i'm so tempted to set off the land rovers car alarm system -- then perhaps one of my other neighbors would do the dirty deed????

jdw112

Re: How would you Handle this??
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 12:03:49 PM »
1) Use the neighbor's car.
2) Ask the neighbor to pay, in advance, for taxi rides. You will bring back change and receipts. He/She can be reimbursed by the owners of the vehicles.

These are ways to avoid a "war", but you will be seen as a chump.

If he/she is unwilling to do either of the above:

Rest the responsiblity squarely on your neighbor's shoulders. Politely tell him/her that you have to go out at a certain time. Request that the neighbor contact the owners of the vehicles before this time or you will be forced to have the cars towed. Period.

EDIT: Use this next time.

god i love spoiled college athletes whose parents buy them a townhouse.  my fondness of them only grows as three friday nights in a row i have come home around 2 or 3 to find my garage and driveway totally blocked by their friends/teammates/groupies.  Last time wasn't so bad, i just blocked their friends cars.  yet this time, my car is actually in the garage!  But today is the absolute best -- i actually have to be somewhere--and said neighbors aren't sure where their 2 friends belonging to the 2 cars are but they probably will not be back before 10 and they have no keys to the cars.  we've gone through this dance before.  i don't want to tow the cars -- i cant imagine war with the guys.  i'm so tempted to set off the land rovers car alarm system -- then perhaps one of my other neighbors would do the dirty deed????

swirly

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 12:41:17 PM »
Tell them very politely, I'm sorry, but if I can't get my car out of my driveway, I'll have no choice but to have them towed. And see what they say, if they can suggest some alternative.

lp4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • super genius
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 06:01:58 PM »
The war's already started.  They fired the first volley by consiously failing to prevent an invasion of your rights and interests by people they introduced into the environment.  Bottom line: they don't give a sh*t about you and your problems.

You've given them fair warning.  Call the towing company and assert your rights, or they'll keep sh*tting on you.  I've dealt with dudes like this -- they understand a boot in the *ss, and nothing else.  You have to project yourself as someone to respect, and not to be f*cked with.

Good luck.
"What we do in life...echoes in eternity." -- Gladiator

Law_Woman

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2005, 06:11:01 PM »
I second this. there are two types of people, and your neighbors freinds are the types who read patience and compassion as weakness.

Tell your neighbor that if cars are not gone by certain time they will be towed. Do it NOW!

The war's already started.  They fired the first volley by consiously failing to prevent an invasion of your rights and interests by people they introduced into the environment.  Bottom line: they don't give a sh*t about you and your problems.

You've given them fair warning.  Call the towing company and assert your rights, or they'll keep sh*tting on you.  I've dealt with dudes like this -- they understand a boot in the *ss, and nothing else.  You have to project yourself as someone to respect, and not to be f*cked with.

Good luck.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2005, 08:35:07 PM »
Tow 'em. Or shoot up their cars. Then tow 'em.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2005, 08:44:38 PM »

A true southerner speaks

I toned it down a little. I didn't say to shoot them, just their cars.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005, 08:47:58 PM »

I would shoot them and then barbecue their asses. You don't block your neighbor's driveway, that's just rude.  >:(

I had that little problem when I first moved in here. I guess in this part of Michigan they aren't as used to seeing someone waving a 10mm around in the driveway. I have had no such problems since.

Law_Woman

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2005, 08:48:46 PM »

A true southerner speaks

fill the key holes with glue. Pour sugar in their gas tank. Switch their plates.

Wear gloves when doing these things.

LaneSwerver

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2005, 08:49:33 PM »

A true southerner speaks

fill the key holes with glue. Pour sugar in their gas tank. Switch their plates.

Wear gloves when doing these things.

Don't forget potato in the tailpipe.