Law School Discussion

sara

• AOL Instant Messenger - ladysphynx
    • View Profile
    • Blog
« on: September 15, 2005, 12:01:16 PM »

Julee Fern

• be cheerleader for al qaeda and osama!
    • View Profile
Re: Do any of these place regionally?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 12:51:57 PM »
BYU will dominate all of Utah.  Hawaii will dominate all of Hawaii (obviously).

Tulane places well through the east coast and south, I believe. 

Don't know about any others.

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 03:39:31 PM »
I have heard Wake places well in much of the Southeast (Carolina, VA, Tenn, Georgia).  Not completely sure if it would be the same in all types of jobs though.

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2005, 12:07:16 AM »
I can speak for Nebraska-Lincoln placing well in Nebraska.  25 Kutak Rock partners, mostly at the Omaha office, went to UNL; for comparison, 31 (again, mostly working out of Omaha) went to Creighton.  In terms of associates at Kutak, 12 from Creighton and and 11 from UNL.

For Fraser Stryker, an Omaha-only firm with mostly in-state personnel, 9 UNL partners and 4 associates; 9 Creighton partners and 5 associates. 

McGrath North, one of the biggest firms in Nebraska, also hires well out of UNL, though it's far too late for me to go through all their 75 lawyers' websites and make a tally like I did for Fraser; it's http://www.mnmk.com if you want to take a look.  Kutak made it easy with a search engine.

In conclusion, the Omaha biglaw outlook is good coming out of UNL, unsurprisingly with slightly less placement than Creighton, though neither school has a hard time placing graduates.  I got my numbers off the firms' websites and disregarded of-counsels and non-Nebraska-educated lawyers.

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2005, 04:49:31 PM »
40% of Case Western grads practice outside Ohio, and I know there is a fair amount of recruiting for all of Ohio, Pittsburgh, Kentucky, etc.  Of course if you're top 10-15% or so you can get the biglaw gigs in most major markets as well.

frankfurt

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 08:59:30 PM »
Wake Forest is the best of those

F05HOPEFUL

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 09:16:11 PM »
Ga State does VERY well in Atlanta