Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: prof wants *me* to write *him* a recommendation!  (Read 3418 times)

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
Re: prof wants *me* to write *him* a recommendation!
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2004, 04:45:31 PM »
I have made humorous statements on other boards in the past.  However, this post is completely legitimate.  If I am trolling, then the only person biting is you. Ironically, I would appreciate it if you would stop biting, delete your posts from this thread, and go away.  That way people who have an interest in discussing my situation with me won't have to deal with your blather.

this thread is hilarious.  personally, i think your posts are pretty funny, albeit senseless and baited...but i, too, am guilty of those types of posts, so i have nothing against you.  but green does have a good point. 

maybe going forward, you should begin your titles of serious posts with "this is a serious post: [title]".  otherwise, your posts do sound like a bunch of inane blather.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

superiorlobe

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2004, 04:49:03 PM »
Can you identify anything about this post that was trollish?

I'm not concerned with any of my other posts on the love board or the hate board, none of which have been trollish anyway.  I just want you to explain why you feel the need to spike this thread instead of letting a discussion transpire about the ethics of my situation.  If you would like, I can personally forward you a copy of the email from my professor, in case you need proof that my situation is real.

superiorlobe

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2004, 04:58:28 PM »
I have made humorous statements on other boards in the past.  However, this post is completely legitimate.  If I am trolling, then the only person biting is you. Ironically, I would appreciate it if you would stop biting, delete your posts from this thread, and go away.  That way people who have an interest in discussing my situation with me won't have to deal with your blather.

this thread is hilarious.  personally, i think your posts are pretty funny, albeit senseless and baited...but i, too, am guilty of those types of posts, so i have nothing against you.  but green does have a good point. 

maybe going forward, you should begin your titles of serious posts with "this is a serious post: [title]".  otherwise, your posts do sound like a bunch of inane blather.

Thanks.  I would also characterize some of my posts as senseless and baited. However, I don't think this post is senseless and baited, and I certainly don't think it is even close to trollish, so I'm not sure why Green is so upset about it.

lexylit

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2004, 06:39:41 PM »
assuming its re: tenure, he will be absolutely forbidden to see it, so theres no conflict. it goes directly to the department and they want you to be utterly frank. if you do want to get on his good side, make it clear to him that youre writing the rec and doing so in a timely fashion, and ask him if there is anything in particular he would like to see included that might not come across in other places-- personality traits, teaching style, etc. i've put this question to people whom im reviewing, not to kiss up but in a golden rule kind of way and to ensure a balance among diff kinds of recs. when you ask for a lawschool rec, he will likely do the same for you.

if this isnt tenure-related, disregard all of the above

swifty

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSAT Sucks
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2004, 09:08:20 PM »

Thanks.  I would also characterize some of my posts as senseless and baited. However, I don't think this post is senseless and baited, and I certainly don't think it is even close to trollish, so I'm not sure why Green is so upset about it.

Lobe, Green is just your classic *&^% stirrer.  We all like attention, but he gets his by rattling people.  This is actually a sign of a good lawyer.  A good lawyer also never gets his buttons pushed. 
And the sign said "Long-haired freaky people need not apply" So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why. He said "You look like a fine outstanding young man, I think you'll do.  So I took off my hat, I said "Imagine that. Huh! Me workin' for you!"Sign, sign, everywhere a sign..

nathanielmark

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2004, 09:24:56 PM »
you are right swifty, i do get a perverse enjoyment out of getting people angry.  and lobes i only target you because you are probably the only one on the board who is a bigger ballbuster then i am...  nothing personal...

Lobe, Green is just your classic *&^% stirrer.  We all like attention, but he gets his by rattling people.  This is actually a sign of a good lawyer.  A good lawyer also never gets his buttons pushed.