Law School Discussion

Fratty Law Schools.

Steve Butabi

• and I was like "EMILIOOOO!"
    • View Profile
Re: Fratty Law Schools.
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2005, 02:35:48 PM »
yeah, but the percentage doesnt really matter. I went to UNC and found it to be quite enjoyable. the greek population might not have been huge percentage wise but large enough to really be substantial, plus greeks run *&^% at 3+ bars in chapel hill, and chapel hill is a pretty fratty town, despite the (exaggerated by many) "liberal" presence

PresClay_00

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2005, 02:37:20 PM »
yeah, the town is fairly fratty if you stay away from f'ing players and whatever Avalon is calling itself now.

went to TOTH over the weekend and remembered what it was like to be surrounded almost entirely by Greeks

when did you graduate?

BIG H2001

• UNC 1L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2005, 04:18:15 PM »
wake forest is pretty fratacular

unc is not, its all black girls, east indians, and goth kids (not like undergrad)

i would guess ole miss, georgia, places that have already been mentioned

also i bet there are some sleeper fratty schools like LSU or something

I'm not sure that UNC's LS is like that.  It's not fratty, but it's not how you describe it either.  Rather, it's a very laid back, relaxed environment.  There is no hostile competition that I've encountered.  I really enjoy it much more than my undergrad years at UNC.

Pres, when did you graduate? 

Steve Butabi

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2005, 05:29:41 PM »
yeah, the town is fairly fratty if you stay away from f'ing players and whatever Avalon is calling itself now.

went to TOTH over the weekend and remembered what it was like to be surrounded almost entirely by Greeks

when did you graduate?

this past summer session

« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2005, 05:33:01 PM »
Speaking of frats, how many frat guys are applying for this cycle?Sorostitutes?

PresClay_00

« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2005, 06:57:43 PM »
I'm not sure that UNC's LS is like that.  It's not fratty, but it's not how you describe it either.  Rather, it's a very laid back, relaxed environment.  There is no hostile competition that I've encountered.  I really enjoy it much more than my undergrad years at UNC.

May 04, you?

SMUkid2005

• SMU 21, TCU 10 ... BCS what Froggies?
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SMU+STANG+005
    • View Profile
    • Fratty.Net
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2005, 08:41:58 PM »
Speaking of frats, how many frat guys are applying for this cycle?Sorostitutes?

One right here..

And I'd say SMU undergrad is much frattier than the law school. Having been to school there for 4 years -- the law school was definitely a different crowd. UG is definitely the stereotypical Tahoe driving, Southern and Texas frat kids. Of course, the lovely UG ladies are all driving around in their Beemers. But hot girls in hot cars is never a problem. SMU undergrad is basically those of us that didn't get into Vandy, but our parents wouldn't let us go to a state school haha.

I think most SEC schools are going to have the same type of crowd in law school as they do in undergrad. I think with private schools where the UG population is fratty (SMU, Vandy, Wake, etc.) the law school crowd is a lot different because you don't have quite as many people staying there to go to grad school. I only know 4 people from SMU undergrad who went to SMU Law ... a ton of people just leave Dallas altogether b/c 35% of the UG school is from AL, GA, TN, etc. now.

thm2605

« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2005, 09:50:52 PM »
Speaking of LSU, I am thinking of applying there.  Does anyone know how well the degree travels?  The few people I have met from there are all definetly fratty and said that they loved LSU.  I would like to consider it as my back up school as opposed to Texas Tech if my job prospects (in Texas) were the same coming out. 

I go to LSU, and I know quite a few graduates and students in law school right now, and all are pretty fratastic.  From what I understand, most graduates practice in either Louisiana or Texas.  Also, I'm originally from south Alabama and I know there is a large group of LSU law graduates practicing there.

BIG H2001

• UNC 1L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2005, 09:52:52 PM »

May 04, you?

Dec. '04

Steve Butabi

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2005, 05:26:39 AM »
yeah i heard from a 2L that UNC is a very relaxed environment, I would love to go there if I get accepted. I don't think I have much of a chance though with my GPA.