Pancho

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
?
« on: September 13, 2005, 12:28:02 AM »

swirly

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Least politically-correct letter to the editor ever?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2005, 08:12:27 AM »
From the local paper:

Suffer your stupidity

It makes me angry to hear all the people crying because the government wont help. By now help is coming but they all cry it is too late.

I can see where people in hospitals or nursing homes who are ill cant get out, or the people who stayed to care for them.

Now how about the people who say they are poor and dont have cars to get out. I was in the U.S. Army 60 to 65 years ago and a lot of days I walked 20 miles.

Twenty-five years ago I had what is known as a quadruple bypass. For the next 15 to 20 years I walked four miles almost every day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year.

These people had three days warning. Were they too lazy, stupid or bullheaded to get out?

I wont give a dime or a minute of my time to help them. I say, Now suffer your stupidity. Dont come crying to me.

Signed,
Michael Brown

be10dwn

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2005, 08:18:32 AM »
at least someone had the scrotum to say it I guess.

FactChecker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2005, 08:42:53 AM »

Now how about the people who say they are poor and dont have cars to get out. I was in the U.S. Army 60 to 65 years ago and a lot of days I walked 20 miles.

Twenty-five years ago I had what is known as a quadruple bypass. For the next 15 to 20 years I walked four miles almost every day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year.

For a storm that ravaged an area the size of Britain, I'm sure walking 20 miles from your home and being too poor to afford shelter (like a hotel) would have been a wonderful idea.  Why didn't Bush make this guy head of the FEMA?

swirly

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2005, 08:44:21 AM »
Even if everyone were capable of walking out of New Orleans with their stuff and their children and all, where would they go? You'd have hundreds of thousands of people standing outside in the Louisiana wilderness in a Category 4/5 hurricane. How would that be any better?

Stupid stupid.

What's scary is all the people who also actually thought the same thing but didn't write letters to the editor.

be10dwn

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2005, 08:46:58 AM »
but it was still a pretty funny thing to say for an old man.  Akin to saying "I walked up hill forty miles both ways barefoot in the snow"

swirly

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2005, 08:53:22 AM »
but it was still a pretty funny thing to say for an old man.  Akin to saying "I walked up hill forty miles both ways barefoot in the snow"
:D
That's true. His grandkids probably got sick of hearing him say all this, so he has to resort to letters to the editor.

InVinoVeritas

• LSD Obsessed
  • Fine! I shall also fix zee hobo suit!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NVinoVeritasChi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005, 09:58:26 AM »

the really scary thing is that a whole lot of people are thinking the same thing the letter expressed.

be10dwn

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 09:59:47 AM »

the really scary thing is that a whole lot of people are thinking the same thing.
Oh I wasn't thinking it.  But crazy old men have the right to say things like that.

FactChecker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 10:28:23 AM »

the really scary thing is that a whole lot of people are thinking the same thing the letter expressed.

... and many of them wouldn't be thinking it if the victims were white and/or middle- or upper-class.