Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Inspirational video of AfricanAmerican woman (in moot court competition?)  (Read 4277 times)

lex19

Re: Inspirational video of AfricanAmerican woman (in moot court competition?)
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2005, 07:41:12 PM »
so are you saying that black women only react with violence when in uncomfortable or difficult situations?? so uncalled for and just not funny...you should know better especially since there are more black women posting on this board than men.."i'm out of the beatdown range" not cool at all, you should have left it at "it was meant as a joke" period hth

you've already done that on this board...

This is why I will never argue with a black woman if I can help it.

Well considering that it's on the internet, I'm well out of beatdown range...but it was meant as a joke anyway, retracted...

ThePerfectSoldier

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SuzukiAkira138
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2005, 08:03:29 PM »
so are you saying that black women only react with violence when in uncomfortable or difficult situations?? so uncalled for and just not funny...you should know better especially since there are more black women posting on this board than men.."i'm out of the beatdown range" not cool at all, you should have left it at "it was meant as a joke" period hth

Well considering that it's on the internet, I'm well out of beatdown range...but it was meant as a joke anyway, retracted...

No, I'm not saying that.  But people weren't amused, and so I retracted.  If you're that upset, I'll edit too.

be10dwn

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2005, 08:17:25 PM »
stupid me, but why can't I see the video?  :-\

lex19

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2005, 08:29:07 PM »
law woman has been a racist flame since she started posting on blsd, which is why i think she's full of it, besides who puts out there business like that, imho no one in their right mind or that's being honest, this isn't the place for it

If what Lawwoman said is true about her attack, then you guys should have enough empathy to give her a pass. There is no point in trying to win her over...if it happens, it'll happen on it's own. If anything, you guys are just making her hate black people more.

And TPS is just an idiot.

Also, if lawwoman is lying, that's just low.

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2005, 09:23:25 AM »

maybe he was talking about his sister... :P

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2005, 10:13:13 AM »
E I thought about that..seeing that he's out of beatdown range and all :D :D :D
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2005, 02:06:24 PM »
I find myself asking the question why do people like klansmen reside on this board. I believe that I have a two reasons as to why this may be:

1) You are intimidated by anyone of color who might be more  intelligent/affluent/ wealthier than you. Although you are not a lawyer nor have any aspirations and/or chance of becoming one you feel mocking people on this board will somehow empower you.

2) You are simply backwards in which case your hateful childish comments are without reason and should be ignored.

if anyone else feels they know the answer feel free to enlighten me. Its sad tha one can find pleasure from such bigotry
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

Klansmen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2005, 04:47:16 PM »
I find myself asking the question why do people like klansmen reside on this board. I believe that I have a two reasons as to why this may be:

1) You are intimidated by anyone of color who might be more  intelligent/affluent/ wealthier than you. Although you are not a lawyer nor have any aspirations and/or chance of becoming one you feel mocking people on this board will somehow empower you.

2) You are simply backwards in which case your hateful childish comments are without reason and should be ignored.

if anyone else feels they know the answer feel free to enlighten me. Its sad tha one can find pleasure from such bigotry

Reason #1 is absurd! All people are of color and many people are AS intelligent/affluent/ or as wealthy as I am. You are correct that I am no lawyer but I do aspire to become such. I'll be taking the Oct 1st LSAT and an HNCU is amongst my top 15 choices, no intimidation here.

Reason #2....can't argue there! You are very astute.

ThePerfectSoldier

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SuzukiAkira138
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 15, 2005, 06:25:48 PM »

maybe he was talking about his sister... :P

*whistles*

Muse

• Sr. Citizen
  • I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.
« Reply #49 on: September 15, 2005, 07:05:59 PM »
OMG...how did I miss this thread?

Honesty has a beautiful and refreshing simplicity about it. No ulterior motives. No hidden meanings. An absence of hypocrisy, duplicity, political games, and verbal superficiality. As honesty and real integrity characterize our lives, there will be no need to manipulate others.--Chuck Swindoll