Denny Crane

• LSD Obsessed
  • Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
Re: Beautiful places to spend 3 years
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2005, 04:07:23 PM »
it is not that i don't grasp the concept, I just find it ridiculous

::)

How so?  It's all a part of their strategy to recruit better students, which in turn improves their standings in the rankings.  There's nothing ridiculous about it.
Yale.Law.School.2010

Julee Fern

• Sr. Citizen
  • be cheerleader for al qaeda and osama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2005, 10:51:22 PM »
How in God's name did Hofstra get onto the list of beautiful places?

They made a deal with the devil.  I think they tagged along with Brooklyn College when it made a deal with the devil in order to top Princeton Review's list of most beautiful college campuses two years running.

Sounds like someone paid off P Review.
goooooo al qaeda!  gooooooo bin laden!  go, go, osama bin laden!

never mind all people you killing senselessly--that just more that silly conservative thinking.  what important is scooter libby and cheney's former employers.  beeeeeeee substantive!

segundo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Red Sox- Still champs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2005, 10:46:13 PM »
Santa Clara
BC class of 06'
-----------------
3.4 G.P.A.
162 (June)
166 (October)

Attending Fall 2006: Wake Forest

Lucky77

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2005, 05:00:35 PM »
Washington University, Lewis and Clark, University of San Diego, University of Vermont (if you can stand the cold)

chrisfield

• Sr. Citizen
  • Texas Tech ---> Fall 2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 09:59:59 AM »
Pepperdine is gorgeous! (and you pay for the view)

chonralda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2005, 11:08:44 AM »
Vapid--lol, thanks for the laugh this early in the morning...btw, didnt know that about vermont law, good to know..
Jared D. Cantor
UConn Law Class of 2009

IN: Miami, Syracuse ($$)
WL: Penn State, Maryland, Case
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=chonralda

vermont1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2005, 12:36:39 AM »
The University of Vermont does not have a law school, Lucky.  Vermont Law is not affiliated with it, and, imo, it is one of the ugliest law school campuses I have ever seen. There is essentially one big building in the middle of nowhere, 20 minutes from the nearest town.  I went to look at it one day around lunch time and the only place that I could find food nearby was the Mobil station.  I love the state, and I think western Vermont is especially beautiful, but the VLS area just makes me feel sad inside.

I will admit that Vermont Law is 20 minutes from the nearest town with Big-Box stores, but it is by no means the ugliest law school campus.  It sounds like you visited the school in the 70s.  However, the school has grown significantly and has several new and refurbished beautiful buildings.  I have absolutely no idea why you ate at the Mobil station, as there are several places to eat within a 1 minute walk of the campus. 

I obviously go to school at Vermont Law.  I live 5 minutes from school and look out at 30 acres of open fields with nice rolling hills in the background.  I wake up in the moring looking out at beautiful foliage and wildlife.  Certainly not everyone's ideal spot for a law school but I think it is for many.  I can't possibly imagine why it made you feel sad inside.  Its beautiful right here right now and in 2 months I will skiing at Killington, Stowe, Sugarbush, etc. all within 1 hour drive of the school.  I looked at virtually all of the law schools in New England and thought that Vermont Law had the best combination of quality of life, location, nice campus, etc (though these factors only played a small role in why I decided on the school). 

I almost went to Northeastern and I often think how glad I am that when I am stressed out, instead of stepping over homeless people who just pissed themselves, I am driving along the White River and about to go do my reading on my lawn. 

hilljack

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2005, 01:45:16 AM »
App. State

SCgrad

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2005, 04:19:34 AM »
App. State

No longer ABA approved, but Boone is great.