Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: When are deposits due?  (Read 1527 times)

pame25

• View Profile
    • Email
When are deposits due?
« on: June 23, 2004, 11:02:56 PM »
For those of you who have been accepted to various schools, could you share with everyone when your deposits are due so we have some ideas of when a school may go to their waitlist.  As for me I am interested in learning when Seton hall, hofstra, and syracuse deposits are due.  please share if you know!  thank you!!

Lipper316

Re: When are deposits due?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2004, 02:18:46 AM »
I, too, am on the waitlist for hofstra. I know at albany though, my SECOND deposit is due July 1.

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 09:21:35 AM »
My one and only deposit for Hofstra ($850) was due June 1st. So they must have been looking at their waitlist a little after that, they seem to go on a month by month basis so I would assume if they went to their waitlist their next one would be due July 1st, hope this helps a little.

Chompster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 10:03:12 AM »
$850! That's the largest deposit I've heard of so far.

Denver's was $600 and due on the 6/11 but I got a 2 week extension.

thinknpositive

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2004, 10:06:53 AM »
$850! That's the largest deposit I've heard of so far.

Denver's was $600 and due on the 6/11 but I got a 2 week extension.

Penn State's first deposit was 250, the second one was due June 11th (I think) and was 500.

Anyone else have to make a second deposit?

How did you go about getting an extension? I tried getting one at Villanova.  I even made up some *&^% like I was going to Australia for a month but they didn't buy it.

msher3yn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2004, 10:21:45 AM »
I got off Seton Hall's waitlist a week ago, so I am assuming that their deposit was probably in the beginning of June; however, my first deposit for the school is tomorrow and second is in the second week of July--but I think that is only because I was taken off the waitlist.

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2004, 10:34:37 AM »
When I got into NYLS I begged for an extension and just told them I was broke, I got a 2 week extension for both deposits, the first was $300 and the second one was $500. But Hofstra was not even trying to here it (and I really am broke) they were like ---"sorry for ya, it's due June 1st"

Chompster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2004, 11:27:33 AM »
How did you go about getting an extension? I tried getting one at Villanova.  I even made up some *&^% like I was going to Australia for a month but they didn't buy it.

I was accepted by phone on 5/19 and by mail about two weeks ago. They offered me a 2 week extension because of the timing and I took it.

Duner

• MSN Messenger - jkorduner@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LSUConnMan
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jkorduner
    • View Profile
    • Duner's LSU Law Blog
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2004, 10:50:06 AM »
LSU's first deposit was april 1st, and the second one was may 1st.