Law School Discussion

NINE ONE ONE--------------------------------------------->

!!

• View Profile
Re: do you feel safer with BUSH at the helm?
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2005, 12:17:23 PM »
Or how about this one:

Blessed are the followers of the teachings of this book, for they shall have the power to cast judgement on all others.

Yes! Yes, GailyGirl!  That's why you're on the team!

;)
"Judge not, lest ye be... something or other."

gailrules

« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2005, 12:18:30 PM »
Or how about this one:

Blessed are the followers of the teachings of this book, for they shall have the power to cast judgement on all others.

Yes! Yes, GailyGirl!  That's why you're on the team!

;)
"Judge not, lest ye be... something or other."

You've been officially welcomed to the inner circle.

J D

• Lust isn't one of the 7 Deadly Sins for nothing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2005, 12:52:32 PM »
Just interested how the working poor measure up, in the opinion of Samuel Smiles, here.  ::)  These people are poor (as in barely have enough to make ends meet, can't afford things many of us consider pretty necessary, like medical/dental care, decent housing, new clothing to replace worn out stuff, etc., or have to decide whether to spend money on this stuff or on food), and yet are working, often very hard, often at multiple low-wage jobs, often on top of being single parents, especially mothers.  They might qualify for public assistance in the form of TANF benefits, but if they go on the dole there's little chance they'll ever get off, since TANF requires one to work full time to receive benefits, doesn't make allowances for things like education (in order to acquire job skills and thus get better jobs and more money), and yet, doesn't provide nearly enough money to live on or go to community college with.  Instead of welfare reform in the 1990s working to decrease dependence on public assistance, we have a public assistance program that actually increases dependence on it.  How is this a good thing?

F05HOPEFUL

« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2005, 01:42:09 PM »
Bama,

you sure make alot of generalizations about people on public assistance.

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2005, 02:23:48 PM »
Without generalizations the conservatives wouldn't have much to say.  They all sound the same... the same asinine platitudes about the poor... or the blacks... or the gays...

::sigh::

be10dwn

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2005, 02:25:32 PM »
Without generalizations the conservatives wouldn't have much to say.  They all sound the same... the same asinine platitudes about the poor... or the blacks... or the gays...

gee sounds like the liberals also...bush is the devil bush is the devil

intellectual integrity people, that's all I demand.  I don't care what side you are on, jus don't be full of *&^% and think you are right.

gailrules

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2005, 02:29:53 PM »
Without generalizations the conservatives wouldn't have much to say. They all sound the same... the same asinine platitudes about the poor... or the blacks... or the gays...

intellectual integrity people, that's all I demand. I don't care what side you are on, jus don't be full of *&^% and think you are right.

No.

Stereotypes make life easier. We need them.

be10dwn

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2005, 02:31:51 PM »
Without generalizations the conservatives wouldn't have much to say. They all sound the same... the same asinine platitudes about the poor... or the blacks... or the gays...

intellectual integrity people, that's all I demand. I don't care what side you are on, jus don't be full of *&^% and think you are right.

No.

Stereotypes make life easier. We need them.

I suppose it is easier to use the little stereotype boxes...

!!

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2005, 02:41:29 PM »
intellectual integrity people, that's all I demand. I don't care what side you are on, jus don't be full of sh*t and think you are right.

If you support Bush, you're not in a position to demand intellectual anything.

::)

be10dwn

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2005, 02:56:50 PM »
intellectual integrity people, that's all I demand. I don't care what side you are on, jus don't be full of sh*t and think you are right.

If you support Bush, you're not in a position to demand intellectual anything.

::)

once again who the @#!* said anything about supporting Bush.  Look here newb, I think almost anyone on this board can attest to my political beliefs, but of course anyone who isn't with you supports the president, how very open minded of you.  Get your head out of your ass for five minutes why don't ya.