Law School Discussion

How hard is it to get into Hofstra PT?

How hard is it to get into Hofstra PT?
« on: September 10, 2005, 10:14:09 PM »
Seeing how my numbers are very lackluster (154/3.3) I want to try to squeeze into hofstra via part time.

What are my chances given my numbers?

jdw112

Re: How hard is it to get into Hofstra PT?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 09:15:18 AM »
Your numbers are below the medians present in their FAQ. People with your stats do not fare too well, at least according to Lawschoolnumbers.com. A 156 on the LSAT seems to be the magic bullet for admission to Hofstra. The LSAC calculator places your chances between 30+% & 40+%. This isn't taking into account the PT aspect, which is likely to increase your chances.

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 02:30:42 PM »
Your numbers are below the medians present in their FAQ. People with your stats do not fare too well, at least according to Lawschoolnumbers.com. A 156 on the LSAT seems to be the magic bullet for admission to Hofstra. The LSAC calculator places your chances between 30+% & 40+%. This isn't taking into account the PT aspect, which is likely to increase your chances.

Yeah I know my shot at full time is a 50/50 chance, but according to lsac the PT program is 151-156 and 2.87-3.51, 25%-75% respectively.  I guess i'm pretty safe in PT...any input?

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 02:44:18 PM »
Not safe anymore. With the new dean there they're really buckling down. You probably won't be able to get in there with anything less than a 160.

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 03:10:01 PM »
Not safe anymore. With the new dean there they're really buckling down. You probably won't be able to get in there with anything less than a 160.

not true....look at the stats for admits on LSN (even tho its for both full time and PT applicants)

This Year
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/search_schools.php?action=search&cycle=3&school_code=2295

Last Year
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/search_schools.php?action=search&cycle=2&school_code=2295

Rider...are you a URM?  even if you aren't I think you are very competative for the PT program.