Law School Discussion

a little help during the application process

a little help during the application process
« on: September 09, 2005, 11:37:56 AM »
hey everyone i need some help,

i am in the application process now as many of you are and i was wondering if you guys thought that i had a chance at some of the schools im applying to. i have some basic idea but we have no pre-law advisor at my school so i am pretty much in the dark, yet i think that there are some considerable reaches among the bunch so if you could please tell me what you think i would really appreciate it.

i have a 3.8 gpa, 162 lsat, three majors, captain of division one mens soccer team, founded a couple clubs etc, non urm

the schools i was thinking of applying to are

boston college
notre dame
georgia
north carolina
george washington
vanderbilt
georgetown pt (is it easier to get into than ft?)
iu
ucla
miami
ohio state
michigan summer start

i know there are some reaches in there, like i said, but if you could help me out and tell me if i have any chances at the schools listed. also, would it be a beneficial strategy to highlight my responsibility in college, or whatever my impact on the university (being a leader etc) or is that just trite nonsense? thanks everyone

halfjewhalfgoy

Re: a little help during the application process
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 04:23:01 PM »
You should be an automatic admit at miami with a good size scholarship but apply there now they start making decisions in october sometimes. also, you are probaly going to get admiitted to georgia with no problems and you can gain instate residency after a year and tution is dirt cheap as is cost of living. these are the only two i know alot about on the list because im applying to both with uga as my first choice since im a georgia resident.