Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How did everyone do on the JAM session?  (Read 498 times)

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
How did everyone do on the JAM session?
« on: September 09, 2005, 01:05:06 AM »
I thought the Games section was fairly hard even though I knew I was getting better with speed.
The third section about different regions totally blew me off.  I managed to get 17/23 and because the games were so tough I thought that the scale for this exam would be abit more lenient.  I just looked at the June 2003 scale(which is where this game was from) and found that the scale was actually brutal tough. 

Did anyone take the june 2003 test as a whole test?  Were the other sections abit easier??

daGCHILD

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How did everyone do on the JAM session?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 01:14:40 AM »
I agree with you...Our instructor said it was a pretty hard games section...the one about montreal, and the other cities was hellllll. The monkey and panda one was easy, and the other two were okaaaaaay. I still suck ass on games as i havent been going to class all that much, but i managed to get a score of 14/23. Considering i'm not even close to where i'm supposed to be in regards to the games, i was happy with that. But all in all, ya it was pretty tough.

ellenbee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2005, 01:48:00 AM »
Yeah, the games were kinda tough, esp. the one w/all the different cities. I did the best on the last game. I don't know, I usually do better on the games. I'm getting better though  ;D

Did anyone else have a different TM instructor for the Jam session? I did not like mine AT ALL.
"Law school is like groundhog day. Every day is the same, you see the same people in the same places doing the same stuff every damn day. You get no feedback and basically pay 40K a year to teach yourself law and get harassed by professors. What a racket." - RonSantoRules

hungry4law

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005, 02:05:00 AM »
I take the class with robin singh himself. Usually he's f'ing awesome but today he glossed over all the games. We spent way too much time in the Logical Reasoning section. Bummer.

uwofresh

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005, 02:10:26 AM »
I take the class with robin singh himself. Usually he's f'ing awesome but today he glossed over all the games. We spent way too much time in the Logical Reasoning section. Bummer.

How good is robin singh?  I guess the advantage is being taught by the best, but is there a downside of having so many people in the class and not being really able to interact with him??

hungry4law

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2005, 02:15:12 AM »
Well I'm a mid-summer student and I had a different instructor until lesson 13. So I only get Robin for the last few jam sessions and lessons 14 and 15.

I have gone to all his workshops though and he's great. His mind is on overdrive, he almost never stops when he's talking, he jumps from one idea to the next and the next and the next with hardly a pause. Its great because it keeps you attentive and pumped up.

Oh and classes seem to always run late with few people minding.

shaz

• Sr. Citizen
  • University of Toledo Class of 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2005, 04:14:30 AM »
I arrived about 45 minutes late with half the class because they changed the venue! i was pissed! I missed the first five on the LR section. 'Missed' as in I was not there. I calmed down nicely though by the time we did the games. I didn't think they were that tough except for the third one. I got three wrong there because I forgot one of my conditions. I did get a 20/23 overall though.  :)

That one LR question about the flaowers and the bees...wow. That one question alone was worth going through all the trouble.

Also, my instructor didn't call out the 5 minute mark on the game section. I needed that since I forgot my timer. I wasn't even wearing a watch. One thing I did notice though is that i stopped doing a complete setup and kind of just sketched a general one and got right down to the questions. this worked real well for games 1,2, and 4. I wasted way too much time on the 3rd game though.

Guess what? they also switched days on me. From Monday and Wed to Tues and Thurs. Hello! I registered my classes around Testmasters. Lucky for me my prof is going to cut me some slack. He told me to go to my prep and just get the notes. Very cool.

All i need now is a 165 come Oct!
losin' sleep, gainin' knowledge.

XYZZY

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2005, 06:50:23 AM »
the Montreal/airports game has been bothering me for some time.

Can someone post the setup and solution?

Imageshack would be nice, something like:
http://www.lawschooldiscussion.org/prelaw/index.php/topic,41228.msg728117.html#msg728117

my testmasters books don't have the solution to this game.

theunderdog

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2005, 08:42:38 AM »
T ---   P/V  -- H

Keep in mind, the remainder V/P either links to T or M, or both OR H which also links to T (and M would go anywhere, except H) OR the last diagram drawn at the bottom of this thread, so you can have

T --- P --- H
T --- V --- H

and M linking to either T, P or V

or

T --- P/V --- H
|
V/P

and M linking to either T, P or V

or

T --- P/V --- H

V/P --- M

or

P
        |
T -- V -- H
        |
        M

XYZZY

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2005, 04:33:46 PM »

oh my god dude, you totally rock!

I didn't pick up on the templates/combinations with the H-P/V-T.  somehow i ended up with 3 tempates, but i think the only difference is you expanded it 1 step farther.