Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Duke WL  (Read 1093 times)

lawyerette

• View Profile
Duke WL
« on: June 23, 2004, 01:16:47 PM »
for those of you on the duke wl, just wondering if anyone has heard anything lately?

Britlawyer

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Duke WL
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 05:24:29 PM »
Yes an email from Dennis Sheilds today.

The class is oversubscribed, they dont expect to lose many names from it now so most WL people are being notified of their removal from the WL. A few names will be kept on just in case and the reduced waitlist will be kept open until August 16th when orientation is due to begin.

Did you hear anything different?

lawyerette

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 08:41:29 PM »
yeah i received the same e-mail, right after i posted here! do you have any idea how many people have been kept on the list?

Britlawyer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 01:00:51 PM »
No. But i am not holding my breath i got into School of Government Grad school in Boston so i plan to go do that now anyway as i have pretty much committed myself. I held off as long as possible in case of Duke but i dont see myself upping from one school to rush down to NC in August. I will think some more on it then send them an email before the 5th July deadline they mentioned.

jschallh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 01:50:26 AM »
I got in off Duke's waitlist about a month ago, thank God!  I got rejected by every other school I applied to (I applied to 13 top schools) other than my backups and the waitlist at Duke.  I never got the email you guys are referring to, but I was placed on the priority waitlist.  The only advice I can give is to keep sending stuff and checking in to let them know how interested you are.  I sent in about 6-7 additional letters of recommendation, extra essays, emails to Dennis every couple weeks, etc to let him know that I was 100% willing to attend if he would let me in.  Duke was my first choice, so I'm thrilled.  If anyone else got in off the waitlist, I'd love to hear from you.  Good luck, all.  I understand the waitlist agony all too well.