Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: PS for T-14  (Read 506 times)

gsh

• View Profile
PS for T-14
« on: September 07, 2005, 10:05:25 PM »
I'm in need of a little guidance for the PS to the T-14 schools that I'm applying to.  I thought that one should write about something that makes them different from other applicants.  How can one write about what makes them stand out and not writing a boring ass PS?  Any advice, please give.  Thanks

ipwannabe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: PS for T-14
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 10:53:49 PM »
i did a thorough brainstorm... listing topics that could be potentials... anything and everything.... sometimes for each topic id write up to a page or two.... then i gave my list to someone to look at and tell me what was interesting/boring.....

my suspicions about the best topic ended up being right, but i also ended up with great stuff to talk about in other additional essays that i hadnt even thought of prior to the brainstorm

jeb240

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2005, 06:02:14 AM »
are you only applying to t-14 schools or are you writing a special t-14s only PS and something else (lesser?) to other schools?

birddog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2005, 01:47:49 PM »
I wrote up a list of qualities that I thought were important and that I thoght were my strengths.  Then I thought of good stories that would highlight those qualities and figured out which story would be the most interesting/stand out.

Unless you have a really good reason to, I wouldn't write about the law just thinking that's what they want to hear.  I have a friend who wrote about how he chose law after dealing with a friends rape and that was apropos.  But too many people write same old same old "the law is important blah blah blah."

Also, they want to know your writing skills so make sure your essay is tight - perfect spelling, perfect grammar, etc.  Make sure it flows, etc.

gsh

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005, 10:26:49 PM »
are you only applying to t-14 schools or are you writing a special t-14s only PS and something else (lesser?) to other schools?

I'm taking the carpet bomb approach to the applications--15 schools, 6 of which are t-14s'.

SanchoPanzo

• Sr. Citizen
  • My avatar is hotter than your avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2005, 11:33:47 PM »

I'm taking the carpet bomb approach to the applications--15 schools, 6 of which are t-14s'.

make it 23 and go for all T14s. It'll cost an extra $500. You're already in for $900.
1L
order in the midst of chaos surrounded by order and a sprinkling of mist with chaos flavor. bake 2 hours then serve