Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
 16 (34.8%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
 4 (8.7%)
The Board is too cliquish.
 10 (21.7%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
 2 (4.3%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
 2 (4.3%)
Not enough Board moderation.
 4 (8.7%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
 8 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Black Law Student Discussion Board  (Read 1671983 times)

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2004, 03:35:57 PM »
if the africans and mexicans teamed up, we could really shake things up.  the fact is that africans and mexicans and other minorities are marginalized in the US. we have less diversity of thought in our nations capital because of it; it ammounts to a tyranny of the majority.  mexicans and africans should hold a caucus and decide who we are going to vote for and all vote in one huge block...the only way to become less marginalized
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2004, 04:12:09 PM »
if the africans and mexicans teamed up, we could really shake things up.  the fact is that africans and mexicans and other minorities are marginalized in the US. we have less diversity of thought in our nations capital because of it; it ammounts to a tyranny of the majority.  mexicans and africans should hold a caucus and decide who we are going to vote for and all vote in one huge block...the only way to become less marginalized

bluntsfortiesandbitches-

Ahheewwe *&^%! It's the tak over baby!It's all about the blak and brown party!

Ladyday

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2004, 04:38:38 PM »

Seriously though, if we would stop acting like crabs in a barrel, we could actually get something accomplished that benefits all of us. 

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2004, 04:56:27 PM »
bluntsfortiesandbitches for president!

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 14, 2004, 05:54:18 PM »

Seriously though, if we would stop acting like crabs in a barrel, we could actually get something accomplished that benefits all of us. 

tell 'em girl!
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

luvtaps84

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2004, 11:45:18 PM »
I just wanted to point out that I did not start the AA topic on this board.  If you read my first posting I actually pointed out:

Hey everyone.  I've read this whole thread and I found it pretty interesting and helpful. (I see we already got the inevitable AA debate going on - I was wondering how long it would take 

I just saw that it had come up already so I posted on it (which is one of the things you are supposed to do on a discussion board in the first place - reply to current posts.) I actually think its kinda sad that it has to come up just cus we are on the black prelaw students board.  But the reality is, someone will bring it up eventually (as they did like days ago).  And, if you really wanna have a forum called "Black Law Student Discussion Board", that is one issue black students often have to encounter in the world of higher education.

However I agree that other boards specifically about AA might be a better place to post on such topics.  (Just wanted to remind yal that i didnt start it, i was jus replying to earlier stuff i read - plus i was unaware of the fact that there even was an AA board, since i just discovered this site.)  Thanx for the replies...peace.

CaliToD.C.

« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2004, 11:59:30 PM »
I agree that AA has been ran in the ground on this boward and we need to move past it because nothing productive is gonna come from discussing it.

TrojanChispas

• Sr. Citizen
  • , a worthy adversary
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2004, 03:30:09 PM »
i agree cali rich, although it is moivating to hear from the bigots from time to time.
Arab Majority May Not Stay Forever Silent
http://www.nysun.com/article/36110?page_no=1

scurred1

• Sr. Citizen
  • Where am I?
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2004, 05:55:38 PM »
Random thought:

Any Chicagoans or political heads out there watching that Senate race? That brother Barack Obama is impressive as all hell! First black president of Harvard Law Review among his other accomplishments. He's speaking at the Democratic Convention this month. Bet he'll be one to watch over the next few years. I can see him running for president in the future.

ruskiegirl

« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2004, 09:32:18 PM »
If we get a black president in my lifetime, I will die a happy woman.