Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
 16 (34.8%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
 4 (8.7%)
The Board is too cliquish.
 10 (21.7%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
 2 (4.3%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
 2 (4.3%)
Not enough Board moderation.
 4 (8.7%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
 8 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Black Law Student Discussion Board  (Read 1697364 times)

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #54780 on: January 11, 2010, 03:38:12 PM »
 :)
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54781 on: January 11, 2010, 11:57:06 PM »
New poster here. Well actually I was a lurker about four years ago and forgot about the place. Texas licensed and currently working in house for an oil and gas company. Seems to be a bit dead around here (finals?). Feel free to ask any questions.

this board has been slipping with the interest...it is in decline and that was expected and only natural when things become stagnant...we don't have a very good "search" system anymore which is symptomatic of flimsy caretakers...but glad you finally joined in the discussion...any picks for  the superbowl???
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

TexasEsq

• View Profile
« Reply #54782 on: January 14, 2010, 04:15:48 PM »
I like Minny and the Chargers. Good article on LT posted on espn.com today. He's had a solid career.

TexasEsq

• View Profile
« Reply #54783 on: January 14, 2010, 04:16:58 PM »
New poster here. Well actually I was a lurker about four years ago and forgot about the place. Texas licensed and currently working in house for an oil and gas company. Seems to be a bit dead around here (finals?). Feel free to ask any questions.

this board has been slipping with the interest...it is in decline and that was expected and only natural when things become stagnant...we don't have a very good "search" system anymore which is symptomatic of flimsy caretakers...but glad you finally joined in the discussion...any picks for  the superbowl???

What happened to this board? Where did everyone go? I suppose the answer to the second question is off to school and then to work.

Captain Sk33z

• View Profile
« Reply #54784 on: March 29, 2010, 11:42:01 AM »
I'm a Newbie and I want to get this thread back to being active. The 0Ls need guidance and advice from the older and more experienced posters. I'm not afraid to speak up.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #54785 on: July 30, 2010, 05:19:16 PM »
TITCR.  I think it's just a natural progression- the old heads have outgrown the site's usefulness and have no current connections to the board as well as other ways to stay in contact with one another. 

off to school and then to work.

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

louiebstef

• Sr. Citizen
  • 45 y/o Non-Trad-2012 cycle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54786 on: February 02, 2011, 11:52:17 PM »
Earl Cat, Burning Sands

Non URM here, but I can show the LOVE for the BLSD!

I think the problem you are seeing (not just on BLSD, but on the entire site) may relate to a sense of generalized anxiety in terms of the legal field's saturation and the economy.  You know, those tacit "Will I measure up?" type questions.

Also, there are not enough cheerleaders, like Thane Messinger, posting.  There are plenty of anal sphincters, naysayers, and general twits.  Any meaningful discussion goes two ways.  Oftentimes, when a sincere question is asked by a relative newbie (especially 0Ls), they are lambasted.

That doesn't exactly spread the love.  Just my .02
"Why be a lawyer? I'm already an ass.  Might as well go professional!"

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54787 on: February 15, 2011, 06:14:34 PM »
Good points.

Earl Cat, Burning Sands

Non URM here, but I can show the LOVE for the BLSD!

I think the problem you are seeing (not just on BLSD, but on the entire site) may relate to a sense of generalized anxiety in terms of the legal field's saturation and the economy.  You know, those tacit "Will I measure up?" type questions.

Also, there are not enough cheerleaders, like Thane Messinger, posting.  There are plenty of anal sphincters, naysayers, and general twits.  Any meaningful discussion goes two ways.  Oftentimes, when a sincere question is asked by a relative newbie (especially 0Ls), they are lambasted.

That doesn't exactly spread the love.  Just my .02
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

shantel88

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54788 on: February 16, 2011, 05:56:38 PM »
Where is everyone??? I am a 0L looking for guidance and experiences of current African American law school students......this is very disappointing =/

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54789 on: February 16, 2011, 06:23:43 PM »
hiding from sarah palin.