Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
 16 (34.8%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
 4 (8.7%)
The Board is too cliquish.
 10 (21.7%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
 2 (4.3%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
 2 (4.3%)
Not enough Board moderation.
 4 (8.7%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
 8 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Black Law Student Discussion Board  (Read 1693011 times)

"That One"

• View Profile
Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #54660 on: March 07, 2009, 07:37:13 PM »
Question to my fellow future/current or former law students...what did you do for money while in law school? Between the ABA policy on not working, plus the fact that it's not a smart decision academically, whats the alternative? My parents are in no position to fully take care of me so that's out the picture. Just wondering how others handled the situation.

Go with federal fixed rate loans.  I would not under any circumstances use a variable rate loan given the state of the economy and the inevitable rise in inflation that we will see as we come out of the recession.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
  • "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54661 on: March 08, 2009, 03:54:41 PM »
You are so insane!  You didn't even watch his speech and it's going to make you stop going to his movies?  He's like the greatest American actor of his generation.  Reading your posts makes my eyes itch.  And Mia Farrow, seriously?  Dude went to effing Iraq and paid to put his observations in newspapers nationwide.  Yes, that's narcissistic, but it certainly isn't cowardly.  Charlie Rose, my foot.

spicoli is a joke...coward...yes...last academy award...yep...going down hill...yep...forever to remain on the rented video rack...certainly...

...keep scratching... 8)
If you prick us, do we not bleed?  
  if you tickle us, do we not laugh? if you poison  
  us, do we not die? and if you wrong us, shall we not  
  revenge? m.of v. w.shaka                                             speare

Gengiswump

• Sr. Citizen
  • "she's a tough mfer, but she knows how to party"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54662 on: March 14, 2009, 02:13:38 PM »
You are so insane!  You didn't even watch his speech and it's going to make you stop going to his movies?  He's like the greatest American actor of his generation.  Reading your posts makes my eyes itch.  And Mia Farrow, seriously?  Dude went to effing Iraq and paid to put his observations in newspapers nationwide.  Yes, that's narcissistic, but it certainly isn't cowardly.  Charlie Rose, my foot.

He also personally assisted the Coast Guard doing recovery and rescue after Katrina, getting people off roofs, etc.  Penn's a lot of things, but he certainly puts not only his money, but his body, where his mouth is.
Quote from: tj.
Write a PS on it, fuckstick.

Quote from: Miss P
Sometimes all you've got is a wacky hi-jink.

Quote from: Miss P
This is truly the ultimate in toolish douchebaggery.

Res nonnumquam ipsa loquitur, sed aliter aeternaliter queritur.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54663 on: March 16, 2009, 02:34:40 AM »
allow the pennographic material to defart into the cowardly narcissistic methane haze of a now stagnated, stilted february's career gloaming.

"political diatribe...no matter what the content is "cheap", "cowardly" and "tacky" when a thankyou is in order."

brando lost credibility and his mind when he shite on his thankyou note at the academy awards...karma has a funny way of taking care of business...

s.t.f.u. and say thankyou...don't talk about fixing my car...don't talk about how to make a cevice...don't talk about knot making...talk about acting if you are an actor...

robert deniro didn't talk about organized crime

dustin hoffman didn't talk about autism

shirley maclaine didn't talk about cancer

warren beatty didn't talk about communism

they all thanked people...

these people are VERY political...put their beliefs and words into action...and are classy...brave...and still savvy ACTORS...who knew the difference between time to thank and a time to preach...

...advice to penn...s.t.f.u and

in the words of the great lawrence olivier

"...TRY ACTING!!!!!"

...wonder how many other people will only download penn for 88 cents now or only watch him when his work is in the rental shack?  ;)

...he's old news now anyway... ::)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54664 on: March 16, 2009, 08:19:19 AM »
lol.  Isn't Shirley Maclaine the one who said, "I deserve this"?  BRAVERY!  HUMILITY!
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54665 on: March 16, 2009, 04:47:17 PM »
lol.  Isn't Shirley Maclaine the one who said, "I deserve this"?  BRAVERY!  HUMILITY!

humble actors? :D :D :D                            ::)...more methane...

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54666 on: March 16, 2009, 07:06:21 PM »
Oh, there are plenty of humble actors.  Jeffrey Wright, one of the best actors working today, is perfectly humble -- even shy.

Personally, I think it's shameful for actors to exploit major social issues for their art if they don't actually care.  If you're in a movie about cancer, you should reach out to families affected by cancer and advocate for better healthcare and medical research.  If you're in a movie about a real person who fought for gay rights, you should carry forward his legacy.  In any case, I certainly can't understand why you care what someone says during an Oscars acceptance speech.  It's not some kind of solemn occasion or spiritual moment; it's an awards ceremony.

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54667 on: March 17, 2009, 12:15:36 AM »
Oh, there are plenty of humble actors.  Jeffrey Wright, one of the best actors working today, is perfectly humble -- even shy.

Personally, I think it's shameful for actors to exploit major social issues for their art if they don't actually care.  If you're in a movie about cancer, you should reach out to families affected by cancer and advocate for better healthcare and medical research.  If you're in a movie about a real person who fought for gay rights, you should carry forward his legacy.  In any case, I certainly can't understand why you care what someone says during an Oscars acceptance speech.  It's not some kind of solemn occasion or spiritual moment; it's an awards ceremony.

aye only care in that it is another once good and interesting actor who aye and many...now...feel a disapprobation toward...he eff'd up...

he doesn't know how to say thankyou and s.t.f.u about knot making or anything else...simple really...

do you understand now?

more methane... ::)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54668 on: March 17, 2009, 12:35:15 AM »
I understand (a) that you have a bizarre preoccupation with the content of his 45-second speech and/or (b) that you didn't like it when he said that you were on the wrong side of history.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54669 on: March 18, 2009, 02:38:15 AM »
I understand (a) that you have a bizarre preoccupation with the content of his 45-second speech and/or (b) that you didn't like it when he said that you were on the wrong side of history.

let me allow some more understanding since you are still fanning the methane...

vanessa redgrave and john irving...shame shite...different day...

actors should s.t.f.u. say thankyou or talk about acting...the rest is rusty...cheap and classless.

it is not about content...it is about class...couth and manners.

because you are obviously pretending that you don't get it.

sorry...you'll have to do a little research this time....but aye think you'll understand... ;)

look up marlon brando...vanessa redgrave and john irving regarding the oscars. ::)