Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
 16 (34.8%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
 4 (8.7%)
The Board is too cliquish.
 10 (21.7%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
 2 (4.3%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
 2 (4.3%)
Not enough Board moderation.
 4 (8.7%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
 8 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Black Law Student Discussion Board  (Read 1678538 times)

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #54530 on: September 09, 2008, 03:20:29 PM »
A, I just had my first experience with Lenovo repair people and they get a HUGE thumbs down for now.  The Saturday before labor day I discovered that my computer wasn't working (purely through my own actions).  I call Lenovo and they said that they would send me a box to fedex to them, and that it would arrive on Wednesday.  Since Monday was a holiday, I didn't have a problem with the delay.  The box arrives as scheduled, and I send my computer off the same day, hoping that it can be fixed.  Today I get a call from them, and they tell me that my LCD thingamajing is broken and that they can replace it for $750!  I'm like, aww hell naw, I got the fancy warranty.  They proceed to tell me that my warranty is the "in person" warranty, where they send someone to your house to fix it, not the "send it in" warranty.  Well why didn't you tell me that over a week ago?  They asked if I had gotten the name and number of the person who told me to send it in, but of course I hadn't (lesson number one).  I ask if they can just fix it, since it's already there.  Their reply: "$750. Do you have a credit card?"  ARE YOU f-ing KIDDING ME?  Finally, I just tell them to send it back to me, a week and a half later, so that I can arrange for them to come to my house to fix the computer that's currently in their possession.  It's not like I need my laptop for school or anything.  Fuckers.

LOL  Sorry Pikey.

Warranties are the biggest shams.  They never seem to cover what people actually need.

Thanks Sands.

That's the ironic part.  They do cover it, as long as them come out to my house to fix it.  I would have been thrilled if I had known that a week ago.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54531 on: September 09, 2008, 03:22:50 PM »
A, I just had my first experience with Lenovo repair people and they get a HUGE thumbs down for now.  The Saturday before labor day I discovered that my computer wasn't working (purely through my own actions).  I call Lenovo and they said that they would send me a box to fedex to them, and that it would arrive on Wednesday.  Since Monday was a holiday, I didn't have a problem with the delay.  The box arrives as scheduled, and I send my computer off the same day, hoping that it can be fixed.  Today I get a call from them, and they tell me that my LCD thingamajing is broken and that they can replace it for $750!  I'm like, aww hell naw, I got the fancy warranty.  They proceed to tell me that my warranty is the "in person" warranty, where they send someone to your house to fix it, not the "send it in" warranty.  Well why didn't you tell me that over a week ago?  They asked if I had gotten the name and number of the person who told me to send it in, but of course I hadn't (lesson number one).  I ask if they can just fix it, since it's already there.  Their reply: "$750. Do you have a credit card?"  ARE YOU f-ing KIDDING ME?  Finally, I just tell them to send it back to me, a week and a half later, so that I can arrange for them to come to my house to fix the computer that's currently in their possession.  It's not like I need my laptop for school or anything.  Fuckers.

LOL  Sorry Pikey.

Warranties are the biggest shams.  They never seem to cover what people actually need.

Thanks Sands.

That's the ironic part though.  They do cover it, as long as it's fixed at my house.  I would have been thrilled if I knew that a week ago.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54532 on: September 09, 2008, 07:07:32 PM »
Oh that sucks!  For the only problem I've ever had with my computer (faulty LCD cable a few months ago), they both sent the box and told me where the nearest repair center was (I had the basic warranty, so no in-home service).  I didn't care to wait on the box, so I took it to the repair center.  The guy not only fixed the cable, but gave me a new LCD as well, since he saw my warranty was about to expire.  So give them a second chance!

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54533 on: September 09, 2008, 07:36:52 PM »
Oh that sucks!  For the only problem I've ever had with my computer (faulty LCD cable a few months ago), they both sent the box and told me where the nearest repair center was (I had the basic warranty, so no in-home service).  I didn't care to wait on the box, so I took it to the repair center.  The guy not only fixed the cable, but gave me a new LCD as well, since he saw my warranty was about to expire.  So give them a second chance!

We'll see... 

lsn

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54534 on: September 09, 2008, 07:47:11 PM »
Are y'all done with OCI?  It's amazing how quickly one loses track of these things post law school.  Now, I can tell you more than you ever wanted to know about OSCAR, The Plan, etc.  Ugh.

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54535 on: September 09, 2008, 09:04:43 PM »
I think Mich kids are done with OCI.

Gengis, I think I figured out who you are.  You are quite the character IRL too.  :D
Michigan 2L

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54536 on: September 09, 2008, 11:36:23 PM »
Aww, Pikey, I'm so sorry that the Lenovo people burned you so badly.  In my experience, the telephone customer service is pretty terrible, but the in-home warranty people were great.  I am crossing my fingers for you.  And I bet if you complain to some higher ups, they'll send you a loaner in the meantime.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54537 on: September 10, 2008, 01:33:45 PM »
Aww, Pikey, I'm so sorry that the Lenovo people burned you so badly.  In my experience, the telephone customer service is pretty terrible, but the in-home warranty people were great.  I am crossing my fingers for you.  And I bet if you complain to some higher ups, they'll send you a loaner in the meantime.

Hmm, that's a good idea.  I really need to be more proactive about this stuff...

I think Mich kids are done with OCI.

Gengis, I think I figured out who you are.  You are quite the character IRL too.  :D

Yeah, we finished right before Labor Day. 

I'm still not sure who you are.  Were you at the black people meeting yesterday?

lsn

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54538 on: September 10, 2008, 04:14:01 PM »

Yeah, we finished right before Labor Day. 

I'm still not sure who you are.  Were you at the black people meeting yesterday?

Hint:  I think we first met at the BLSA picnic.  I've eaten lunch with you twice with another 2L.  One time @ the Union.
Michigan 2L

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54539 on: September 11, 2008, 12:37:05 AM »
It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.