Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
 16 (34.8%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
 4 (8.7%)
The Board is too cliquish.
 10 (21.7%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
 2 (4.3%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
 2 (4.3%)
Not enough Board moderation.
 4 (8.7%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
 8 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Black Law Student Discussion Board  (Read 1678450 times)

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #54520 on: September 03, 2008, 06:16:20 PM »
hey lady.. yeah it's been a minute.. just getting adjusted to my fellowship.. and this rigorous process of opening up an elementary school.. "play time" is officially over!! i'm just trying to find the room for a social life these days.. so far i've failed in that lol

how are u?? how's everyone?

Hey Blk!  What's happening?  Haven't seen you in ages.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Gengiswump

• Sr. Citizen
  • "she's a tough mfer, but she knows how to party"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54521 on: September 03, 2008, 06:50:03 PM »
hey lady.. yeah it's been a minute.. just getting adjusted to my fellowship.. and this rigorous process of opening up an elementary school.. "play time" is officially over!! i'm just trying to find the room for a social life these days.. so far i've failed in that lol

The board's been pretty quiet as of late, at least in BLSD, but I think in general as well.  I'm good - way too busy, but good.  Elementary school?!  I obviously need to check facebook more often!
Quote from: tj.
Write a PS on it, fuckstick.

Quote from: Miss P
Sometimes all you've got is a wacky hi-jink.

This is truly the ultimate in toolish douchebaggery.

Res nonnumquam ipsa loquitur, sed aliter aeternaliter queritur.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #54522 on: September 05, 2008, 04:10:02 PM »
hola blk!!   :)

I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Gengiswump

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54523 on: September 05, 2008, 08:51:55 PM »
I think SBPH reads the AA board, secretly:

"When Chad asks a black person “why can’t I say ‘n-word’”, 95% of black people reach their boiling point IMMEDIATELY. Contrary to popular belief, though, a black person who reaches his boiling point will usually not shoot you, shank you, or date your daughter…he will simply shut down intellectually. A blank, idiotic look creeps over his face, after which he will try to give you a response, but the words simply don’t come. He shakes his head and walks away exasperated, leaving Chad with the mistaken impression that he has a good point."

http://stuffblackpeoplehate.com/2008/08/29/n-word/

ETA: Clearly that link is broken, because of the censor.  So think of the word that n-word is replacing, and put that one into the url instead.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54524 on: September 05, 2008, 11:19:37 PM »
Wumpy, I still find it amusing that you use the censor.  The link's not broken for the grown folks :P

Gengiswump

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54525 on: September 05, 2008, 11:25:33 PM »
I thought, since when people quoted me it was censored, it was censored for everyone!

:P

naturallybeyoutiful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #54526 on: September 05, 2008, 11:32:36 PM »
"When Chad asks a black person “why can’t I say ‘n-word’”, 95% of black people reach their boiling point IMMEDIATELY. Contrary to popular belief, though, a black person who reaches his boiling point will usually not shoot you, shank you, or date your daughter…he will simply shut down intellectually. A blank, idiotic look creeps over his face, after which he will try to give you a response, but the words simply don’t come. He shakes his head and walks away exasperated, leaving Chad with the mistaken impression that he has a good point."

I'd have to disagree.  In my experience, most people would try to explain, get frustrated that the other person doesn't (want to) get it, and *then* shake his head and walk away.
Harvard Law: What, like it's hard?

Gengiswump

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54527 on: September 05, 2008, 11:52:17 PM »
At least it gets people talking?

pikey

• LSD Obsessed
  • Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54528 on: September 09, 2008, 03:03:36 PM »
A, I just had my first experience with Lenovo repair people and they get a HUGE thumbs down for now.  The Saturday before labor day I discovered that my computer wasn't working (purely through my own actions).  I call Lenovo and they said that they would send me a box to fedex to them, and that it would arrive on Wednesday.  Since Monday was a holiday, I didn't have a problem with the delay.  The box arrives as scheduled, and I send my computer off the same day, hoping that it can be fixed.  Today I get a call from them, and they tell me that my LCD thingamajing is broken and that they can replace it for $750!  I'm like, aww hell naw, I got the fancy warranty.  They proceed to tell me that my warranty is the "in person" warranty, where they send someone to your house to fix it, not the "send it in" warranty.  Well why didn't you tell me that over a week ago?  They asked if I had gotten the name and number of the person who told me to send it in, but of course I hadn't (lesson number one).  I ask if they can just fix it, since it's already there.  Their reply: "$750. Do you have a credit card?"  ARE YOU f-ing KIDDING ME?  Finally, I just tell them to send it back to me, a week and a half later, so that I can arrange for them to come to my house to fix the computer that's currently in their possession.  It's not like I need my laptop for school or anything.  Fuckers.
The noobs are so into themsleves you'd think they allready have offers at Tool, Tool, feminine hygiene product & Dumbass LLC

lsn

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54529 on: September 09, 2008, 03:11:58 PM »
A, I just had my first experience with Lenovo repair people and they get a HUGE thumbs down for now.  The Saturday before labor day I discovered that my computer wasn't working (purely through my own actions).  I call Lenovo and they said that they would send me a box to fedex to them, and that it would arrive on Wednesday.  Since Monday was a holiday, I didn't have a problem with the delay.  The box arrives as scheduled, and I send my computer off the same day, hoping that it can be fixed.  Today I get a call from them, and they tell me that my LCD thingamajing is broken and that they can replace it for $750!  I'm like, aww hell naw, I got the fancy warranty.  They proceed to tell me that my warranty is the "in person" warranty, where they send someone to your house to fix it, not the "send it in" warranty.  Well why didn't you tell me that over a week ago?  They asked if I had gotten the name and number of the person who told me to send it in, but of course I hadn't (lesson number one).  I ask if they can just fix it, since it's already there.  Their reply: "$750. Do you have a credit card?"  ARE YOU f-ing KIDDING ME?  Finally, I just tell them to send it back to me, a week and a half later, so that I can arrange for them to come to my house to fix the computer that's currently in their possession.  It's not like I need my laptop for school or anything.  Fuckers.

LOL  Sorry Pikey.

Warranties are the biggest shams.  They never seem to cover what people actually need.
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston