Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
 16 (34.8%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
 4 (8.7%)
The Board is too cliquish.
 10 (21.7%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
 2 (4.3%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
 2 (4.3%)
Not enough Board moderation.
 4 (8.7%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
 8 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Black Law Student Discussion Board  (Read 1678999 times)

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #54110 on: June 13, 2008, 09:42:43 PM »
Well I don't consider this to be molestation...it pretty much was just her being fast, from what I can gather.  Secondly, the jury saw all of the evidence and heard the arguments from both sides...I'm not in a position to question their judgment. Finally, if there's one less black man in prison, then so be it.

For some reason, I wasn't expecting this from you on this topic.

Columbia 3L

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54111 on: June 13, 2008, 09:50:03 PM »
Lol I'm generally anti-prison, unless it's for serious crimes (mainly mala in se).  Engaging in sexual acts with a lil hot mama who consented/initiated does not fall in the serious crime category for me.

ETA: and that's assuming he did it, which he did not, as far as the law is concerned

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54112 on: June 13, 2008, 10:01:02 PM »
um yeah r kelly needs to be under the jail right now.. i can't believe he got off.. and for the argument to be "there aint no mole on his back in the video"??? that is absolutely crazy.. for example i have a mole on my pinky finger that wasn't there a few yrs ago..does that mean i was a different person then? the defense was very weak from what i've read and i am very surprised that the jury watched that tape multiple times and didn't say for one sec.. he raped a child..

as far as i'm concerned.. r kelly is a rapist.. a child molester.. and he needs to be punished for what he did.. sure the girl may have been "fast".. but no 13 yr old deserves to be pissed on and enticed to suck the male private part of a grown ass man (pardon my crassness but i'm pissed).. that *&^% is sick.. it is absolutely disgusting.. to know that he was getting off on her pubescent body all the while making songs about believing and achieving and *&^% has me floored..

he's a miscreant  and the wack jury fell for the okedoke.. and brother no good esq needs to go down as well..
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #54113 on: June 13, 2008, 10:02:36 PM »
apparently from juror interviews, there was no doubt that it was him...there was just doubt about the girl.  and of course that *&^% wasn't going to come out--the girl's uncle STILL works for kellz.
Columbia 3L

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54114 on: June 13, 2008, 10:05:24 PM »
Prosecutors had argued Kelly's goddaughter was as young as 13 when the raunchy sex tape was made. But the goddaughter, who is now 23, told a grand jury that she was not the young woman on the tape and did not testify at trial.

While some jurors told reporters they believed Robert Kelly was indeed the man on the tape, they said they acquitted him because they were not convinced the young woman in question was his goddaughter.

"Mostly we focused on the girl," one juror who declined to be named told reporters. "Was this (his goddaughter)? We couldn't determine that."

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5iZnKmlWLnI7zbsBjZ_Z3jTbkj28Q

ETA: MCB beat me to it

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54115 on: June 13, 2008, 10:05:58 PM »
how many people testified that the girl was the under-aged kid that they knew?

apparently from juror interviews, there was no doubt that it was him...there was just doubt about the girl.  and of course that *&^% wasn't going to come out--the girl's uncle STILL works for kellz.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #54116 on: June 13, 2008, 10:08:11 PM »
i'm not sure...at least 4/5...some family members said it was her, others said it wasn't.

the problem is, they waited too long for this trial.  had they done it back in the day, it woulda been a wrap.

everyone knows that kellz likes to @#!* lil girls...now he's gonna feel invincible.

Columbia 3L

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54117 on: June 13, 2008, 10:08:57 PM »
and keep doing it..

i'm not sure...at least 4/5...some family members said it was her, others said it wasn't.

the problem is, they waited too long for this trial.  had they done it back in the day, it woulda been a wrap.

everyone knows that kellz likes to @#!* lil girls...now he's gonna feel invincible.

LadyKD

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it began..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #54118 on: June 14, 2008, 05:05:02 PM »
and keep doing it..

apparently from juror interviews, there was no doubt that it was him...there was just doubt about the girl.  and of course that poo wasn't going to come out--the girl's uncle STILL works for kellz.

YEP

EDIT: link to response from star witness...http://www.accessatlanta.com/music/content/music/stories/2008/06/13/kellyreact_atlanta_0613.html

LHL

• V
    • View Profile
« Reply #54119 on: June 15, 2008, 12:33:46 AM »
I hate this limbo!