Law School Discussion

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
20 (37%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
4 (7.4%)
The Board is too cliquish.
10 (18.5%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
3 (5.6%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
2 (3.7%)
Not enough Board moderation.
4 (7.4%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
11 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Black Law Student Discussion Board

Muse

• I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.

MsJay9

• I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #13681 on: April 28, 2005, 11:40:01 AM »
Wow I'm shocked that someone was able to apologize without being two-faced about it.  :-*  ;)

Morning everyone.  ;D

Morning...wow, u west coast people....I'm about to get off work!  :)

edit:  The dress is cute

« Reply #13682 on: April 28, 2005, 11:41:38 AM »
;D be safe MsJay
Wow I'm shocked that someone was able to apologize without being two-faced about it.  :-*  ;)

Morning everyone.  ;D

lex19

« Reply #13683 on: April 28, 2005, 11:42:12 AM »
blk, i definitly feel that article and can say i saw the very same thing happening at my undergrad campus...for example there were a handful of us that new "what we were getting into" by attending a medium sized private new england school, b/c we had been at high schools that prepped us for the experience...with that i think it was alot easier for me and couple of my firends to develop friendships/networks/relationships with non-minority peers, professors and non-minority/black groups.....then there was an even larger group of black students that only hung out with other black students and participated in black/minortiy organizations....i think that these organizations are great outlets for us on predominatly white campuses, but reality is that this is still a white man's world and after graduation AHANA (minority assoc. on my campus) won't be there to help you with obtaining a job and all that good stuff.....so in my eyes the problem is, is that minority (black/latino) students aren't being forced to mingle/integrate, whatever you want to call it with the masses at predominatly white schools and are therefore a couple of steps behind when graduation roles around....i hope i don't sound "uncle tommish" or anything, but that's just how i feel...i hated going to a high school where my graduating class only had 5 blacks out of 105, but i learned alot through the experience and am able to appreciate where i come from even more......

MsJay9

• I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
« Reply #13684 on: April 28, 2005, 11:43:52 AM »
;D be safe MsJay

Morning everyone.  ;D

Will do....I'm off to my pt job.....I'll probably be back on here in an hour....lol  ;)

Muse

• I heart Naomi!
    • View Profile
    • Yeah I have one...like everyone else.
« Reply #13685 on: April 28, 2005, 11:44:20 AM »
it's only 11:40ish here

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #13686 on: April 28, 2005, 11:46:28 AM »
blk, i definitly feel that article and can say i saw the very same thing happening at my undergrad campus...for example there were a handful of us that new "what we were getting into" by attending a medium sized private new england school, b/c we had been at high schools that prepped us for the experience...with that i think it was alot easier for me and couple of my firends to develop friendships/networks/relationships with non-minority peers, professors and non-minority/black groups.....then there was an even larger group of black students that only hung out with other black students and participated in black/minortiy organizations....i think that these organizations are great outlets for us on predominatly white campuses, but reality is that this is still a white man's world and after graduation AHANA (minority assoc. on my campus) won't be there to help you with obtaining a job and all that good stuff.....so in my eyes the problem is, is that minority (black/latino) students aren't being forced to mingle/integrate, whatever you want to call it with the masses at predominatly white schools and are therefore a couple of steps behind when graduation roles around....i hope i don't sound "uncle tommish" or anything, but that's just how i feel...i hated going to a high school where my graduating class only had 5 blacks out of 105, but i learned alot through the experience and am able to appreciate where i come from even more......

Do you think it matters if you mingle with whites? Join their frat...go to their church....play golf with them on the weekend...date them.....live with them...etc? Do you think that's going to give you and edge?

Who's Crowdaddy

• Fuc% Y'all, I'm From Texas
    • View Profile
« Reply #13687 on: April 28, 2005, 11:47:20 AM »

You would have lost to LSU that year, luckily you all were TOO scared to play them.
guy, the presidency is going to your head - USC is never scared to play anyone; but for the contractual obligatoin that he coaches were under, the coaches would have voted USC as a concensus #1 (period)

Did none of y'all see what SC did to Oklahoma. I don't think LSU or anybody else wants a piece of that.

Hey 3peat, where you headed? I think we were considering some of the same schools, but I am likely headed to UT

If UT play SC next year it would be the best, but I doubt it.

Lawprofessor

• Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13688 on: April 28, 2005, 11:49:05 AM »
This is BLSD W. So, I AM the MOST POWERFUL. Stand Down.

I got my finger on the button, you stand down!!!!

Oh, I dind't know you had a delete button to ;)

Your power is just in cyberspace, my power extends beyond!!! :P

Donít make assumptions professor. We all have our contacts you know.  8)

It is no longer professor, it is W. and dont you forget it.  You aint got no real contacts, boy.  I control the military.

Lawprofessor

• Pony Up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13689 on: April 28, 2005, 11:50:02 AM »
That's weak. My school won the national championship in football. You people are pathetic.

mine won 2 going for a 3rd  ;D

NOOOOO! You guys won 1 BCS championship. Y'all didn't win 2!

we are the people's champion.  the only reason we didnt win the BCS was because the coaches were under a CONTRACTUAL obligation to vote for lsu, not because they were the best ;)

You would have lost to LSU that year, luckily you all were TOO scared to play them.
guy, the presidency is going to your head - USC is never scared to play anyone; but for the contractual obligatoin that he coaches were under, the coaches would have voted USC as a concensus #1 (period)

Didnt LSU challenge you after they won.  USC is big talk NOW, but a few years ago they were the doormat.  Do you have signed sworn statements from every Div I coach that says they would have voted for USC??????????

fine but you dont have sworn statements from the coaches saying they would not have changed their vote for USC.  ;D

That is why in a couple of months you are going to be Oklahoma's bit*h. ;D