Law School Discussion

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
20 (37%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
4 (7.4%)
The Board is too cliquish.
10 (18.5%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
3 (5.6%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
2 (3.7%)
Not enough Board moderation.
4 (7.4%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
11 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Black Law Student Discussion Board

Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #6190 on: January 11, 2005, 10:23:37 PM »
Goodness my apt was $1795 a month in DC.. I'm paying a lot less for my house now.

« Reply #6191 on: January 11, 2005, 10:25:45 PM »
So Burning Sands- what fraternity are you a part of ?

TLFKARG

« Reply #6192 on: January 11, 2005, 10:26:38 PM »
BTW, Sands, I am with you on the IP thing.  I am taking IP this semester (great class so far!) and will be getting my IP certification, which will hopefully increase my marketability come job search time.  I am more interested in media copyright work as opposed to patents (which makes sense, as I have no science background), but am really enjoying learning about the patent system right now.  

There's a guy in my small section who is IP king!  He's already got an interview with MoFo.  Basically, he's a former biochemical engineer who concocted some life-saving drug, patented it and got rich.  He went to law school "for the hell of it, even though [he] could make much more money in [his] previous position.  When I think about competing for jobs with people like that, I lose all confidence in my own accomplishments.  I suppose it would be in my best interest to remain optimistic, though.  It worked with the law school app procss.  

Does your school offer an IP certificate?

Oh, yeah, and I told you about Civ Pro.  Get EZ-Rules.  It will save your sanity.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6193 on: January 11, 2005, 10:28:01 PM »
that's the one good thing about the midwest.

i used to stay in a 3 bedroom townhouse with garage, washer/dryer, driveway, backyard, 3 stories, all for $750 a month. period.

I can't in my right mind pay more than a G for rent. Its just not in my programming.

« Reply #6194 on: January 11, 2005, 10:30:09 PM »

i used to stay in a 3 bedroom townhouse with garage, washer/dryer, driveway, backyard, 3 stories, all for $750 a month. period.

I can't in my right mind pay more than a G for rent. Its just not in my programming.

from the midwest originally?

CaliToD.C.

« Reply #6195 on: January 11, 2005, 10:30:54 PM »

Damn thats lovely

Runnin'Thangs

• GET UP or MOVE OVER 'cuz I'M COMIN' THRU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6196 on: January 11, 2005, 10:33:01 PM »
Where in the Midwest did u get a deal like that?

And...everyone..forgive my asking this question if this is something I should already know, but do they have sorors/frats in ls?  Having been a non-trad student, I was never able to participate in undergrad.

smujd2007

• January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #6197 on: January 11, 2005, 10:33:51 PM »

Okay.  That's hillarious.  It doesn't even get that good in the suburbs around Dallas, in a good neighborhood.  But its still way better than what ya'll are talking about.  $1795 to rent an apartment?  It better be a rent to own clause or something in there.  

As for the no sleep, I'm not used to this.  I used to go to bed before the next day started.   :(  It would be different if I was up working on something but not being able to sleep makes me feel like I'm wasting time.  Anyhow.

« Reply #6198 on: January 11, 2005, 10:35:07 PM »
Runnin Thangs- look into local grad chapters

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6199 on: January 11, 2005, 10:35:53 PM »
ruskie - yeah they're big on IP out here. you can get an IP certificate, a High Tech Law certicficate, etc.  We even have a Computer and Technology Law Journal.  Tell that dude to go back to his day job and let us have the internships.

blk reign - yes ma'am from KC originally.  Pledged Kappa in '96 and Masonic Lodge in '98.

Rich - tell me about it.  I miss those days