Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
 16 (34.8%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
 4 (8.7%)
The Board is too cliquish.
 10 (21.7%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
 2 (4.3%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
 2 (4.3%)
Not enough Board moderation.
 4 (8.7%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
 8 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Black Law Student Discussion Board  (Read 1678170 times)

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #53610 on: March 03, 2008, 04:41:29 PM »
Okay those of you in the know...is Michael Clayton worth my time to rent. I love Clooney and since it got a Oscar nod. I figured it might be worth a look. Anyone seen it?

Loved it.  Saw it on the re-release n the theatres a few weeks ago and then bought the DVD. 

Okay I watched it..pretty darn good.

yep but there's 2 parts that I thought were kinda weird-  the 3 horses and then the end when the audience is just watching him ride in the cab   

I think the cab was suppose to show us that, after all that running around, shuckin and jiving that he did so well, he now has no idea where he is going.

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #53611 on: March 03, 2008, 05:09:15 PM »
The horses were very weird.  Never quite got that.

They were strangely the same horses (or at least resembled the three horses) from the story that his son told him about earlier.  I guess that was enough to get him out of the car to say "WTF?" for a second.

ahhh

LadyKD

• Sr. Citizen
  • And so it began..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53612 on: March 03, 2008, 07:56:07 PM »

They were strangely the same horses (or at least resembled the three horses) from the story that his son told him about earlier.  I guess that was enough to get him out of the car to say "WTF?" for a second.

ahhh

I thought the horses were some symbol of freedom...the cab ride yeah I didnt get it. Okay let me say here and now that the UNorth CEO(Tilda Swinton) deserved her Oscar...and she was awesome in Narnia.

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #53613 on: March 04, 2008, 11:45:00 AM »
Okay those of you in the know...is Michael Clayton worth my time to rent. I love Clooney and since it got a Oscar nod. I figured it might be worth a look. Anyone seen it?

Loved it.  Saw it on the re-release n the theatres a few weeks ago and then bought the DVD. 

Okay I watched it..pretty darn good.

yep but there's 2 parts that I thought were kinda weird-  the 3 horses and then the end when the audience is just watching him ride in the cab   

I think the cab was suppose to show us that, after all that running around, shuckin and jiving that he did so well, he now has no idea where he is going.

Ahh, ok.  Yeah that totally went over my head and they didnt really explain it in the commentary.  Someone told me that the horses represented the holy trinity.   :o
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53614 on: March 07, 2008, 11:35:16 AM »
Question: Who won the Democratic Debate last night (2/26/08) on MSNBC? Hillary  1 (7.1%)
Obama  9 (64.3%)
It was a draw.  4 (28.6%)

Total Voters: 14

"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

cui bono?

• Sr. Citizen
  • blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #53615 on: March 07, 2008, 03:32:34 PM »

So I just saw it again and I finally saw what you meant. The son never mentions anything about horses. It's the picture in the book that we see just before the cops come into Arthur's apartment. 
I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality...  I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word - -Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #53616 on: March 07, 2008, 05:31:45 PM »
Not as funny as stuffwhitepeoplelike:

http://stuffeducatedblackpeoplelike.wordpress.com/

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #53617 on: March 07, 2008, 05:37:47 PM »
Not as funny as stuffwhitepeoplelike:

http://stuffeducatedblackpeoplelike.wordpress.com/

It would be funnier if the writing were better, I think. 

ETA: I mean, funnier than it is (which is not very funny), but not funnier than stuffwhitepeoplelike.
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #53618 on: March 07, 2008, 05:59:09 PM »
Agreed.  I think there is potential, though.  But not for the current writer.

Special Agent Dana Scully

• LSD Obsessed
  • aka MCB
    • View Profile
« Reply #53619 on: March 07, 2008, 06:00:35 PM »
Columbia 3L