Law School Discussion

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
20 (37%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
4 (7.4%)
The Board is too cliquish.
10 (18.5%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
3 (5.6%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
2 (3.7%)
Not enough Board moderation.
4 (7.4%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
11 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Black Law Student Discussion Board

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #53200 on: January 19, 2008, 12:03:09 PM »
I'm gonna see First Sunday today. I hope it's funny. :)

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53201 on: January 19, 2008, 12:19:49 PM »
I might start bringing my own towels, sheets and Lysol. Then again, I don't think I should have to. Can you imagine what the bedspread has on it? ewww...

btw...has anyone else heard Soulja Boy's newest ghetto hym?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfCmYyG-yg4

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #53202 on: January 19, 2008, 12:20:02 PM »
Hi Pikey! Is that a new winter coat? I love it! So I got a great deal to go to Bermuda 550 for 4 days and 3 nights at the Princess something or another. What kinda' touristy stuff do ppl do there?

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #53203 on: January 19, 2008, 12:22:55 PM »
I might start bringing my own towels, sheets and Lysol. Then again, I don't think I should have to. Can you imagine what the bedspread has on it? ewww...

Yeah I never touch the bedspread.  No way.

btw...has anyone else heard Soulja Boy's newest ghetto hym?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfCmYyG-yg4

If this mess tops the charts, I will be...

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #53204 on: January 19, 2008, 12:25:11 PM »
Hmmm Scientology makes some good points.

Dont do it

Despite the twentieth centuryís torrent of technological advances, our civilization is in dire need of help. Since the advent of an atomic age which spawned the distinct possibility that all life on Earth could be extinguished at the push of a button, two generations have grown up under that specter. Partially in consequence, life in our society has taken many strange twists: Children are forcibly administered tranquilizing drugs in schools in the name of control; workers are taxed one hourís wages for every three on the job; and our youth emerge from their schools unable to read or write. Through media manipulation, whole populations are directed what to think, what to believe or what attitudes to hold. Such is the world that would be encountered by a time traveler from the start of this century, and surely he would find it strange.

It is not easy to live with purpose, dignity and happiness in a world so engrossed in materialism and so utterly blind to manís spiritual needs. Half an hourís walk through any urban landscape would convince virtually anyone that life could be a happier proposition.

Which brings up this relevant question: What is Scientology?

Scientology is an applied religious philosophy.

The fastest growing religious movement on Earth, Scientology has become a firmly established and active force for positive change in the world in less than half a century.

The Scientology religious philosophy contains a precise system of axioms, laws and techniques, exhaustively researched and documented as workable. As such, it provides the individual with the ability to dramatically improve conditions, not only in his own life but in the world around him.

http://www.whatisscientology.org/html/foreword/index.html

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53205 on: January 19, 2008, 12:29:38 PM »
 :-[

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53206 on: January 19, 2008, 12:34:56 PM »
Hi Pikey! Is that a new winter coat? I love it! So I got a great deal to go to Bermuda 550 for 4 days and 3 nights at the Princess something or another. What kinda' touristy stuff do ppl do there?

Actually, I just got this in tan, and I love it!  :P  You can find out about specific stuff that's happening why you're there by visiting the tourism website.  When are you going?  Winter is supposedly golf and spa season or something like that, so obviously those are two activity options.  You can probably hang out on the beach, but I don't know about swimming.  There's the touristy sightseeing stuff like Dockyard and St Georges.  Frommers also is a decent travel guide. 
What else do you wanna know?

pikey

• Did ya do it? Then why are ya sorry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53207 on: January 19, 2008, 12:36:25 PM »
Hmmm Scientology makes some good points.

Dont do it

Despite the twentieth centuryís torrent of technological advances, our civilization is in dire need of help. Since the advent of an atomic age which spawned the distinct possibility that all life on Earth could be extinguished at the push of a button, two generations have grown up under that specter. Partially in consequence, life in our society has taken many strange twists: Children are forcibly administered tranquilizing drugs in schools in the name of control; workers are taxed one hourís wages for every three on the job; and our youth emerge from their schools unable to read or write. Through media manipulation, whole populations are directed what to think, what to believe or what attitudes to hold. Such is the world that would be encountered by a time traveler from the start of this century, and surely he would find it strange.

It is not easy to live with purpose, dignity and happiness in a world so engrossed in materialism and so utterly blind to manís spiritual needs. Half an hourís walk through any urban landscape would convince virtually anyone that life could be a happier proposition.

Which brings up this relevant question: What is Scientology?

Scientology is an applied religious philosophy.

The fastest growing religious movement on Earth, Scientology has become a firmly established and active force for positive change in the world in less than half a century.

The Scientology religious philosophy contains a precise system of axioms, laws and techniques, exhaustively researched and documented as workable. As such, it provides the individual with the ability to dramatically improve conditions, not only in his own life but in the world around him.

http://www.whatisscientology.org/html/foreword/index.html

That doesn't tell you anything about Scientology.

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #53208 on: January 19, 2008, 12:40:03 PM »
Statistic in the late '70s: Man, that Jones guy makes some good points!  And he wants to live in the tropics?  Watermelon every day!  Sign me up!

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #53209 on: January 19, 2008, 12:40:44 PM »
Scientology can enrich my existence and exalt my being.