Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
 16 (34.8%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
 4 (8.7%)
The Board is too cliquish.
 10 (21.7%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
 2 (4.3%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
 2 (4.3%)
Not enough Board moderation.
 4 (8.7%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
 8 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Black Law Student Discussion Board  (Read 1596070 times)

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #52910 on: January 03, 2008, 12:28:18 AM »
Belated happy new year greeetings, y'all.  And good luck on those papers, blk!
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #52911 on: January 04, 2008, 09:30:54 AM »
yeah almost done.. i still have one paper to write.. everything's due tuesday for me.. but i don't have classes til feb 4th ;D.. i haven't even decided what i'm taking yet.. gotta love class shopping lol

no resolutions.. i just really want to be done with these final papers so i can have fun during the break like everyone else.. *sniff* :'(

Aww, that's a downer.  But I'm sure you're almost done.  I hope you have more break time left.

how's everyone this morning?
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

GoldenAfro

• Sr. Citizen
  • Like It's Golden
    • View Profile
« Reply #52912 on: January 04, 2008, 05:27:20 PM »
I got an interview, and the lady just asked me for references among other things. I don't have any references haha.

I'm going to e-mail her the stuff I have.  :D

Man, I need to get my life in order.
I'm taking my freedom... Pulling it off the shelf... Putting it on my chain... Wearing it 'round my neck... I'm taking my freedom... Putting it in my car... Wherever I choose to go... It will take me far

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52913 on: January 04, 2008, 06:54:14 PM »
i could ask my career center but the dont open until monday....anybody know how semester internships work i have an interview for one for the spring but it has to be for credit....will the school let me do that? if im not getting paid id rather it be during the school year....is it the same thing as an externship?
...man, you was who you was before you got here

GoldenAfro

• Sr. Citizen
  • Like It's Golden
    • View Profile
« Reply #52914 on: January 04, 2008, 07:09:52 PM »
I think that whether you can get credit depends on your school policy, no?
I'm taking my freedom... Pulling it off the shelf... Putting it on my chain... Wearing it 'round my neck... I'm taking my freedom... Putting it in my car... Wherever I choose to go... It will take me far

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52915 on: January 05, 2008, 02:28:40 PM »
i assume so...i will ask them on monday i was just hoping somebody had done something similar and could give me some insight....our career page has links to internships so im guessing its possible...im just wondering if ill have to write a paper or something like that

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #52916 on: January 06, 2008, 11:06:47 AM »
How they caught Statistic:

Chicken Bones Lead to Burglary Suspect

The Associated Press
Saturday, January 5, 2008; 6:35 PM

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A trail of chicken bones left at a burglary scene more than a year ago has led investigators to a Kansas prison inmate with a long rap sheet and a hefty appetite.

Authorities on Friday charged John Wyatt Weaver, 43, of Kansas City, with two counts of burglary and one count of stealing a firearm. No bond was set because Weaver is already serving time at Lansing Correctional Facility in Kansas for an unrelated crime.

Police tracked down the suspect through DNA left on six chicken bones strewn throughout a Gladstone apartment where several firearms were stolen in November 2006.

"The facts of this are more amusing than anything I can say," said prosecutor Daniel White.

Weaver is accused of entering two Gladstone homes on Nov. 23, 2006, court records show. At one of the crime scenes, the homeowner reported several shotguns, rifles and handguns missing.

Investigators at the scene found chewed-up chicken scattered around the residence _ leftovers authorities believe were stolen from a refrigerator at the earlier burglary.

The Kansas City crime lab examined the bones for DNA evidence, which was entered into a national database. White said the DNA on the bones matched that of Weaver, a convicted felon whose DNA had been entered into the national database.

Weaver has 16 felony convictions for second-degree burglary, stealing, tampering, receiving stolen property, automobile theft and resisting arrest. He was sentenced to Lansing Feb. 16 for burglary and fleeing police, with an earliest possible release date of Feb. 25, 2009, online prison records show.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/05/AR2008010501974.html

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52917 on: January 06, 2008, 11:14:54 AM »

The Associated Press
Saturday, January 5, 2008; 6:35 PM

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A trail of chicken bones left at a burglary scene more than a year ago has led investigators to a Kansas prison inmate with a long rap sheet and a hefty appetite.

Authorities on Friday charged John Wyatt Weaver, 43, of Kansas City, with two counts of burglary and one count of stealing a firearm. No bond was set because Weaver is already serving time at Lansing Correctional Facility in Kansas for an unrelated crime.

Police tracked down the suspect through DNA left on six chicken bones strewn throughout a Gladstone apartment where several firearms were stolen in November 2006.

"The facts of this are more amusing than anything I can say," said prosecutor Daniel White.

Weaver is accused of entering two Gladstone homes on Nov. 23, 2006, court records show. At one of the crime scenes, the homeowner reported several shotguns, rifles and handguns missing.

Investigators at the scene found chewed-up chicken scattered around the residence _ leftovers authorities believe were stolen from a refrigerator at the earlier burglary.

The Kansas City crime lab examined the bones for DNA evidence, which was entered into a national database. White said the DNA on the bones matched that of Weaver, a convicted felon whose DNA had been entered into the national database.

Weaver has 16 felony convictions for second-degree burglary, stealing, tampering, receiving stolen property, automobile theft and resisting arrest. He was sentenced to Lansing Feb. 16 for burglary and fleeing police, with an earliest possible release date of Feb. 25, 2009, online prison records show.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/05/AR2008010501974.html

:D
Michigan 2L

7S

• Sr. Citizen
  • Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52918 on: January 06, 2008, 11:51:26 AM »
:D :D :D

It is easy to change the language of oppression without changing the sociopolitical situation of its victims.

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #52919 on: January 06, 2008, 12:23:13 PM »
it was black dude right  :-\