Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
 16 (34.8%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
 4 (8.7%)
The Board is too cliquish.
 10 (21.7%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
 2 (4.3%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
 2 (4.3%)
Not enough Board moderation.
 4 (8.7%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
 8 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Black Law Student Discussion Board  (Read 1671155 times)

Jontor

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #49730 on: August 30, 2007, 01:31:42 PM »

they should be paying for all these expenses.  If you haven't heard from recruiting, send them an email saying something like "I just wanted to check in to see if there is a preferred way to make my travel arrangements"---usually they'll connect you with lawyer's travel and you'll be set.  Good luck!

eta: fixed the spelling errors.  geesh, I clearly shouldn't try to give advice when in the middle of something else.  Let us know how it turns out Jontor.

One Step Ahead:
Worked exactly like you stated. Once again, thanks.

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #49731 on: August 30, 2007, 01:34:48 PM »
Sorry, Blk, I didn't mean to skip over your question before -- just saw it now.

I think you have a right to know all of a partner's previous history, but I don't think you have more of a right to know if they were sleeping with male private part rather than Jane.

I agree with OSA.  She should disclose her history, she should be faithful, and she should, most of all, be honest.  She failed at least two of these requirements.  I don't think sexual orientation really comes into it at all.

FWIW, I don't always tell women I date that I have dated or do date men.  Is this somehow different?
That's cool how you referenced a case.

Quote from: archival
I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #49732 on: August 30, 2007, 01:36:06 PM »
oh really? so would you date and/or marry a man that's bisexual? or a man that's gay if he professed to love you???

and who said something about who the person's slept with (though that's equally important to me)? there are different levels of intimacy... a person doesn't necessarily have to sleep with anyone in order to know whether they're bisexual/gay/hetero..

is this a serious question??? that's apples and oranges... if a person that i am dating is attracted to/has dated/been intimate with other men then i have a right to know... and we wouldn't be together... race and sexuality are not mutually exclusive when it involves two people engaging in a romantic relationship with one another..

why?  do you have to tell your potential mate that you are also attracted to latinos/asians etc?  why is sexual orientation the paramount item to be disclosed?

I think you have a right to know all of a partner's previous history, but I don't think you have more of a right to know if they were sleeping with male private part rather than Jane.
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #49733 on: August 30, 2007, 01:37:46 PM »
i don't think it's different.. but i do think that (depending on your age) it may be assumed that u've dated men in the past..

Sorry, Blk, I didn't mean to skip over your question before -- just saw it now.

I agree with OSA.  She should disclose her history, she should be faithful, and she should, most of all, be honest.  She failed at least two of these requirements.  I don't think sexual orientation really comes into it at all.

FWIW, I don't always tell women I date that I have dated or do date men.  Is this somehow different?
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49734 on: August 30, 2007, 01:42:29 PM »
i gotta agree with the need to know, i mean if i'm a chick and i'm with a dude, i need to know if i'm gonna be competing w/ di--s...but in keeping with my general theme if its a bisexual chick surprisse are always nice  ;)
...man, you was who you was before you got here

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #49735 on: August 30, 2007, 01:43:43 PM »

they should be paying for all these expenses.  If you haven't heard from recruiting, send them an email saying something like "I just wanted to check in to see if there is a preferred way to make my travel arrangements"---usually they'll connect you with lawyer's travel and you'll be set.  Good luck!

eta: fixed the spelling errors.  geesh, I clearly shouldn't try to give advice when in the middle of something else.  Let us know how it turns out Jontor.

One Step Ahead:
Worked exactly like you stated. Once again, thanks.

Excellent.  Best of luck and keep us posted.

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #49736 on: August 30, 2007, 01:50:06 PM »
oh really? so would you date and/or marry a man that's bisexual? or a man that's gay if he professed to love you???

and who said something about who the person's slept with (though that's equally important to me)? there are different levels of intimacy... a person doesn't necessarily have to sleep with anyone in order to know whether they're bisexual/gay/hetero..

is this a serious question??? that's apples and oranges... if a person that i am dating is attracted to/has dated/been intimate with other men then i have a right to know... and we wouldn't be together... race and sexuality are not mutually exclusive when it involves two people engaging in a romantic relationship with one another..

why?  do you have to tell your potential mate that you are also attracted to latinos/asians etc?  why is sexual orientation the paramount item to be disclosed?

we'll cross that bridge if and when we get to it, but for that matter it would weird me out if every single girl he's dated before me were White and/or Asian--in either of these scenarios I think you'd have to wonder what made me stand out and whether that will last.  But it isn't as if infidelity wouldn't be a concern if all his previous gfs were black women.  If he cheats, he cheats--it wouldn't console me if he was cheating with my carbon copy so why should I care if he cheats with someone who is my polar opposite?

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #49737 on: August 30, 2007, 01:52:15 PM »
i gotta agree with the need to know, i mean if i'm a chick and i'm with a dude, i need to know if i'm gonna be competing w/ di--s...but in keeping with my general theme if its a bisexual chick surprisse are always nice  ;)

Take it from me, competing with di--s is not all that difficult. ;)

I'm so far from the end of my tether right now that I reckon I could knit myself some socks with the slack.

jarhead

• Sr. Citizen
  • "i keeps it reeaal!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49738 on: August 30, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »

Take it from me, competing with di--s is not all that difficult. ;)

:) ;D >:( ....touche
...man, you was who you was before you got here

Miss P

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #49739 on: August 30, 2007, 01:54:34 PM »
i don't think it's different.. but i do think that (depending on your age) it may be assumed that u've dated men in the past..

A lot of lesbians do not make this assumption, for whatever reason.  Of course, my compulsive honesty usually sets things straight, as it were, fairly quickly.

Also, I dated a bisexual man for several years.  ::shrugs::