Law School Discussion

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
20 (37%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
4 (7.4%)
The Board is too cliquish.
10 (18.5%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
3 (5.6%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
2 (3.7%)
Not enough Board moderation.
4 (7.4%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
11 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Black Law Student Discussion Board

DOWNY

Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #2090 on: October 06, 2004, 09:41:46 PM »
My name is DOWNY and I agree with everything that everyone has said on this thread since it started. Except for the things that I disagree with, in which case I do not agree. Otherwise you can count on DOWNY's support, unless of course I disagree with you, which isn't the case because I agree with everything, except those aforementioned things.

Make sense? Good.

Ladyday

• View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: October 06, 2004, 09:42:02 PM »
Everything should be fair and balanced good treatment should be recipricated.

True nuff, but I still don't understand what that has to do with women's rights and women's empowerment. What do you mean by reciprication? (Btw: if my ?'s are annoying to you, you're gonna luv the Socratic method)

Actually, it sounds like your mind is made up so it's not that important. I respect your opinion, I just don't understand it.

Regal_Muse

« Reply #2092 on: October 06, 2004, 09:46:32 PM »
Wanna hear some irony?  ;)

Most people are full of *&^%.  :o

Don't act surprised.

Everyone preaches about how great they are and how much they deserve a good man/woman.

The reality of the situation is you are what you attract.

There are some black men who talk the talk and don't walk the walk. There would be some dogs right under our noses and we wouldn't even know it.

There are some black women with skeletons in their closet (reformed hoes is what I like to call them). Some of them do not deserve a good man and should never reproduce.

Think back in your dating history. Are you thinking? Excellent. Men,  how many women have you screwed over or used solely for your own sexual gratification? How many hearts have you broken b/c your male private part got the best of you?  How can you say you are a good man who respects women, when you've used them as @#!* tools?

Women, how many good guys have you used knowing that he had feelings for you? You never had any intentions of dating him, but keep the naive idiot around for your own personal entertainment? How many good guys have you passed up for that trifflin n-word down the street with a body like a God, but treats you like dog *&^%? Why is it that you complain about not having a good man, when you mess with nothing but hot garbage?

The point is that we are all hypocrites and will never be satisfied. Even with my "list" there will always been something about my mate that I will want to change. Human beings are always striving for perfection; which is an impossible task

Regal_Muse

« Reply #2093 on: October 06, 2004, 09:48:49 PM »
Everything should be fair and balanced good treatment should be recipricated and I dont believe in social roles.

So cali would you be okay with staying home and raising the children while your wife worked? Can you let go of being "the man" of the house and accept the role as an equal partner?

CaliToD.C.

« Reply #2094 on: October 06, 2004, 09:49:49 PM »

True nuff, but I still don't understand what that has to do with women's rights and women's empowerment. What do you mean by reciprication? (Btw: if my ?'s are annoying to you, you're gonna luv the Socratic method)

Actually, it sounds like your mind is made up so it's not that important. I respect your opinion, I just don't understand it.

Basically I think Black women should abandon both feminism and gender roles and they can't both coexist. When I say reciprication I was just referring to the male/female relations I would like to see in our community where its strong and supportive it had nothing to do with my opinion on womens rights I just spoke on it. And your questions aren't annoying I much rather this sort of conversation then one of those insignificant debates/discussion that so often occurs.

DOWNY

« Reply #2095 on: October 06, 2004, 09:50:16 PM »
This conversation is boring. Let's talk about DOWNY instead.

CaliToD.C.

« Reply #2096 on: October 06, 2004, 09:52:47 PM »
Everything should be fair and balanced good treatment should be recipricated and I dont believe in social roles.

So cali would you be okay with staying home and raising the children while your wife worked? Can you let go of being "the man" of the house and accept the role as an equal partner?

Hell naw I wouldn't be alright with it because thats not what I wnat to do. But I would be more than happy to alternate and share the responibilites with my wife when she has to handle her business. I think the "house wife" and "working husband" has became irrelevant in modern years.

NYBound05

« Reply #2097 on: October 06, 2004, 09:53:46 PM »

I believe what he's saying is that it's contradictory to call yourself an "empowered woman," in the sense that you don't need to, nor want to, depend on a man for anything, while simultaneously looking at him to pay for dinner whenever ya'll go out to eat.

In that case, I agree.  It isn't contradictory, however, to expect to be treated like royalty, insofar as you are readily willing to return the favor (e.g. pay for dinner, open doors for him, etc.).

ruskiegirl

« Reply #2098 on: October 06, 2004, 09:55:29 PM »
Wanna hear some irony?  ;)

Most people are full of *&^%.  :o

Don't act surprised.

Everyone preaches about how great they are and how much they deserve a good man/woman.

There are some black men who talk the talk and don't walk the walk. There would be some dogs right under our noses and we wouldn't even know it.

There are some black women with skeletons in their closet (reformed hoes is what I like to call them). Some of them do not deserve a good man and should never reproduce.

Think back in your dating history. Are you thinking? Excellent. Men,  how many women have you screwed over or used solely for your own sexual gratification? How many hearts have you broken b/c your male private part got the best of you?  How can you say you are a good man who respects women, when you've used them as @#!* tools?

Women, how many good guys have you used knowing that he had feelings for you? You never had any intentions of dating him, but keep the naive idiot around for your own personal entertainment? How many good guys have you passed up for that trifflin n-word down the street with a body like a God, but treats you like dog *&^%? Why is it that you complain about not having a good man, when you mess with nothing but hot garbage?

The point is that we are all hypocrites and will never be satisfied. Even with my "list" there will always been something about my mate that I will want to change. Human beings are always striving for perfection; which is an impossible task
Preach on, sister.  You are SO right.  

Been there done that.  Had the body of a god guy -- dude turned out to be a drug dealer.  Took him over the opportunity to be with a wonderful, sensitive and respectful man.

Women need to rethink what they are subjecting themselves to before they start to question everybody else.  You make your own dating choices, so be ready to take responsibility for them.

! B L U E WAR R I O R..!

• "make a friend who was once a stranger" br.war.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: October 06, 2004, 10:04:48 PM »
Wanna hear some irony?  ;)

Most people are full of *&^%.  :o

Don't act surprised.

Think back in your dating history. Are you thinking? Excellent. Men,  how many women have you screwed over or used solely for your own sexual gratification? How many hearts have you broken b/c your male private part got the best of you?  How can you say you are a good man who respects women, when you've used them as @#!* tools?

Preach on, sister.  You are SO right. 

Been there done that.  Had the body of a god guy -- dude turned out to be a drug dealer.  Took him over the opportunity to be with a wonderful, sensitive and respectful man.

Women need to rethink what they are subjecting themselves to before they start to question everybody else.  You make your own dating choices, so be ready to take responsibility for them.

this is the old: "men are dogs and women don't know what they want."

generally speaking it's truth but not fact.

there are always exceptions to the "pseudo-rule"