Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
 16 (34.8%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
 4 (8.7%)
The Board is too cliquish.
 10 (21.7%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
 2 (4.3%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
 2 (4.3%)
Not enough Board moderation.
 4 (8.7%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
 8 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Black Law Student Discussion Board  (Read 1683146 times)

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #28960 on: June 21, 2006, 11:59:48 AM »
What do you do when your signifigant other feels like you dont have time for them anymore?
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

Young Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #28961 on: June 21, 2006, 12:01:32 PM »
i don't really understand. why is saying going to law school in new york will be a distraction mean that he's trying to hold you back? from the way you told the story it sounds like he's saying going to law school in new york will lead to you dropping out b/c of all the distractions--that just seems to speak of someone who isn't motivated themselves.

He's a freaking HATER is all.  Did I mention that originally I am from NY?  The lights didn't distract me then.  It's more like a been there done that with me and NY and he knows this.

He's a loser and I deleted the number!!!

He's just mad because he knows I'm out here somewhere ready to take his girl  ;D ;D ;D

Oh is that riiiiiiiiiight?   :-*

With your cooperation we can make his fears a reality

Young Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #28962 on: June 21, 2006, 12:03:00 PM »
What do you do when your signifigant other feels like you dont have time for them anymore?

If you want to keep her, just give her more time.  Otherwise call her bluff and do nothing

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28963 on: June 21, 2006, 12:05:15 PM »
i don't really understand. why is saying going to law school in new york will be a distraction mean that he's trying to hold you back? from the way you told the story it sounds like he's saying going to law school in new york will lead to you dropping out b/c of all the distractions--that just seems to speak of someone who isn't motivated themselves.

He's a freaking HATER is all.  Did I mention that originally I am from NY?  The lights didn't distract me then.  It's more like a been there done that with me and NY and he knows this.

you go girl ;D tell us how you really feel
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston

OES_Tiff

• Sr. Citizen
  • The "sole" reason I got myself into this crap!!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28964 on: June 21, 2006, 12:06:14 PM »

Tell the person they better get used to it because you're about to be a full-time law student and will have even less time to spare.

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28965 on: June 21, 2006, 12:09:00 PM »

Tell the person they better get used to it because you're about to be a full-time law student and will have even less time to spare.

LOL. I told her that trying to be honest and I have been saying it since we first started talking. Now its seven months and its time for me to get into it and I dont know how she feels/ She feels like she is being brushed off to the side/ I cant expect her to be happy like this. The crazy thing is she just took the LSAT.
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

OES_Tiff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28966 on: June 21, 2006, 12:10:46 PM »

He's just mad because he knows I'm out here somewhere ready to take his girl  ;D ;D ;D

Oh is that riiiiiiiiiight?   :-*

With your cooperation we can make his fears a reality

I'm in DC for a few weeks.   ;D

OES_Tiff

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28967 on: June 21, 2006, 12:13:12 PM »

LOL. I told her that trying to be honest and I have been saying it since we first started talking. Now its seven months and its time for me to get into it and I dont know how she feels/ She feels like she is being brushed off to the side/ I cant expect her to be happy like this. The crazy thing is she just took the LSAT.

Tell her to enjoy the ride or get out.  It's only been 7 months.  You'll get over it.

LOL!!

I'm a little scorned at the moment so you may not want to take my advice though. 

George JeffersonČ

• Sr. Citizen
  • Suck on my salty chocolate balls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28968 on: June 21, 2006, 12:15:48 PM »

Tell her to enjoy the ride or get out.  It's only been 7 months.  You'll get over it.

LOL!!

I'm a little scorned at the moment so you may not want to take my advice though. 

Maybe you two should get together.
Put 'em in yo mouth!

mivida2k

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #28969 on: June 21, 2006, 12:20:17 PM »
Family members also need to understand the amount of time that law school consumes.
The president's approval rating has dropped to 33 percent, matching his low in May. His handling of nearly every issue, from the Iraq war to foreign policy, contributed to the president's decline around the nation, even in the Republican-friendly South.