Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
 16 (34.8%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
 4 (8.7%)
The Board is too cliquish.
 10 (21.7%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
 2 (4.3%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
 2 (4.3%)
Not enough Board moderation.
 4 (8.7%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
 8 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Black Law Student Discussion Board  (Read 1595381 times)

HBCU.EDU

Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #1400 on: September 21, 2004, 11:02:27 AM »
Ragnar- *Dap* Welcome to the board  :P Nice to see new people here.

Regal_Muse

« Reply #1401 on: September 21, 2004, 12:08:44 PM »
GO AWAY NEWBIES!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

Heheh I'm kidding. Welcome!  ;)

Regal_Muse

« Reply #1402 on: September 21, 2004, 12:10:34 PM »
So as part of your initiation, all the newbies (and oldies too) must answer this question. Do you like it with the lights on or off?

LIGHTS ON

CaliToD.C.

« Reply #1403 on: September 21, 2004, 12:17:01 PM »
Lights On

I like to appreciate the artistic merit of my work.

Ragnar Danneskjold

• Sr. Citizen
  • Atlas Shrugged...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: September 21, 2004, 01:00:20 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome bluewarrior. I will certainly keep my mind open, after all, i'm still not even in law school yet. Got a ways to go. As for the nightlife in NYC, There is pretty much anything you want. I myself really prefer more quiet laid back places to chill and talk with friends with a nice big cup 'o tea in my hands, but some of my friends sometimes drag me out dancing and drinking. The best places to get down and funky...i don't know, try TONY. If you want some more relaxed places, i can definitely recommend some places.

I can see myself practicing pretty much anywahere where i would have a decent standard of living. I was born in NYC, and i would miss the whole hustle/bustle of the greatest city in the world (don't be hatin' ;D ), but i know that even if i were to make good money here, my cost of living would be outrageous. I also want to raise my kids in an area that is  a little more peaceful. Of course, i am just talking right now, who knows where i might want to be in a couple of years...I do know that i will most likely practice and live in the general area that i went to law school. I am very much interested in LA (not in Cali, the state LA).

Do i like what with the lights on or off... Do you mean?!!! Oh my! :o
I'm an NYC boy, 153/3.3

ATTENDING: Santa Clara w/$$$
Accepted: Marquette($), Villanova, Howard, Univ. San Francisco($) 
Out: Boston College, Temple, Michigan State Univ.
Wait List: Seattle Univ., Univ. Pittsburgh, Rutgers-Newark, Syracuse

Ragnar Danneskjold

• Sr. Citizen
  • Atlas Shrugged...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: September 21, 2004, 01:12:32 PM »
Had to change my pic... I think i would like it with the lights on, but i'm not sure. :-\
I'm an NYC boy, 153/3.3

ATTENDING: Santa Clara w/$$$
Accepted: Marquette($), Villanova, Howard, Univ. San Francisco($) 
Out: Boston College, Temple, Michigan State Univ.
Wait List: Seattle Univ., Univ. Pittsburgh, Rutgers-Newark, Syracuse

jsonlaw

• AOL Instant Messenger - blkattorney2be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: September 21, 2004, 01:16:44 PM »
Right now I'm very interested in pursuing International Law, Mergers & Acquisitions, and maybe Litigation. All of my mentors have advised me to keep an open mind because my interest may change once I start taking classes. I know for sure that I definitely want to do something with international law. Who knows. I have to consult my husband on possible law careers  ;)

Here is a question for everyone. Where do you see yourself practicing? I'm very interested in going to the east coast even though I'm a Cali girl. My spirit is really moving me to go to the east coast for law school and to possibly live. I have a feeling that I will have so many opportunities on the east coast versus Cali.

I'm looking at the east coast as well...DC in particular.... or Houston

jsonlaw

• AOL Instant Messenger - blkattorney2be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: September 21, 2004, 01:26:38 PM »

I've been doing self study...but that's starting to stress me out...I was suppose to take the Oct test but now I'm taking the Dec test...I've been thinkin about doin Testmasters since that's the best one I've heard aout thus far.  But I've been hustling trying to get the money forit and its crazy...I'll see how that goes....Hey I heard they had some kind of prep course at UD....what do u know about that?

I was thinking of Testmasters but they are too far...I would advise you to take Testmasters if you haven't had much success on your own and being that your test is so close...They Do have a test prep course at UD but they already had it already!!!! I missed it!!! >:( I was told that UD does have a chat line you can get on i'll have to get you that info...So you want to start law school next fall?

MsJay9

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm never down.....I'm either Up or Getting Up!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - msjy9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: September 21, 2004, 02:10:22 PM »

I've been doing self study...but that's starting to stress me out...I was suppose to take the Oct test but now I'm taking the Dec test...I've been thinkin about doin Testmasters since that's the best one I've heard aout thus far.  But I've been hustling trying to get the money forit and its crazy...I'll see how that goes....Hey I heard they had some kind of prep course at UD....what do u know about that?

I was thinking of Testmasters but they are too far...I would advise you to take Testmasters if you haven't had much success on your own and being that your test is so close...They Do have a test prep course at UD but they already had it already!!!! I missed it!!! >:( I was told that UD does have a chat line you can get on i'll have to get you that info...So you want to start law school next fall?

That's the plan......Dayton is not that far from Cinti...u could drive down here for the testmasters class
If you always do what you always did then you'll always get what you always got!

ruskiegirl

« Reply #1409 on: September 21, 2004, 04:33:35 PM »
Lights on for sure.  It's freakier that way.  And I definitely have a freaky side. ;)