Law School Discussion

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
20 (37%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
4 (7.4%)
The Board is too cliquish.
10 (18.5%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
3 (5.6%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
2 (3.7%)
Not enough Board moderation.
4 (7.4%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
11 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Black Law Student Discussion Board

CaliToD.C.

Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #6230 on: January 11, 2005, 11:01:47 PM »
so do you guys frequent any of the other discussion boards on here?

Yeah this whoel site has helped me immensely.

TLFKARG

« Reply #6231 on: January 11, 2005, 11:02:02 PM »
Regal - she is cute. aren't you glad you asked? now we have a pic

;)

Sands, when are you going to change YOUR avatar?  

you tired to lookin at me?

i only got this one and the BMW.  I guess I can look into gettin some more pics

my eyes never tire of your superbly good looks! :-*

Runnin'Thangs

• GET UP or MOVE OVER 'cuz I'M COMIN' THRU
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: January 11, 2005, 11:02:45 PM »
Well HBCU fam, I'm callin it a nite!  Will I be able to stay up this late when I become a 1L this fall?  Here I was thinking that I needed to adhere to a strict schedule allowing ample time for sleep. LOL!

Don't stay up too late, y'all.

Peace and blessings,
Runnin

...An award?!  :) You all made my night!  I've got my award.  Now, I'm gonna catch some couch so I can add a lil' mo to my 1L safety-cushion this fall! 8)

« Reply #6233 on: January 11, 2005, 11:05:08 PM »
The American University- Washington DC... HATED IT

I must ask why you feel that way. I applied there. Should I reconsider?

I hear the law school is a bit different from undergrad.Administration is completely different. I had some interesting discriminating experiences there. Our brothas and sistas were only concerned about themselves- didn't really care much about developing friendships.(that's the short version) 

smujd2007

• January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: January 11, 2005, 11:05:21 PM »
smu- you should try taking valerian root capsules (you can get them in any vitamin section) if you are willing to try an herbal remedy.  works wonders on me when i can't sleep and doesn't make my groggy in the morning.

Thanks for the tip.  I'm all about the herbs (the legal ones) but my mom usually picks that stuff out 4 me so I wouldn't know what to get.  Thanks for the tip, though, cause this is getting ridiculous.  

oh no smu, this is something on going? i've never tried valerian root, i've heard it works good though, another option is melatonin. but you can't use either too often, you don't want to become too dependant, although they are "herbs" they can still interrupt your natural body chemicals. try also chamomile tea.
Good point, Ladyday, there is still a risk of dependency with herbs, although it is significantly lower than with conventional medicines.  

SMU's sleeplessness could be stressed induced -- sometimes you become so exhausted that you can't rest properly.  Had it happen to me at the end of last semester.  The best thing to do is to watch your diet and listen to your body.  It will tell you what you need, whether it's excercise (does wonders for sleeplessness) or just a nice hot bath.  We're all here for you, smu! :-*

Ya'll (deep southern drawl) are sweet.  I get quite a bit of exercise.  I think I'm just high on life somehow.  I'm thinking about all the stuff I could be doing to the point where I can't get my brain to stop going. I've been trying to figure out what this is, but I think school stuff is going to pick up before I can, and it will really be stress induced.

mivida2k

• Do I Really Need to Answer This Question
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: January 11, 2005, 11:05:36 PM »
Goodnight Victor.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: January 11, 2005, 11:06:22 PM »
so do you guys frequent any of the other discussion boards on here?

its a dirty game on the other boards.  A lot of snot nosed brats complaining about the black kid who took "their" seat at Harvard because of that damn affirmative action crap.  They're convinced minorities have it made.  Venture out there at your own risk

SMU - like I said, Civ Pro sucks!  I knew that when I plunked down 140 bucks for the book and FRCP suppliment.  Any class that has a supplement sucks.  Take contracts and the UCC for example.  i'm gettin deja vu here.  

I've never heard of the EZ rules though, I'll have to look into it.  My teacher doesn't care how we outline or if we outline a all.

kccole

• View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: January 11, 2005, 11:08:11 PM »
The American University- Washington DC... HATED IT

I must ask why you feel that way. I applied there. Should I reconsider?

I hear the law school is a bit different from undergrad.Administration is completely different. I had some interesting discriminating experiences there. Our brothas and sistas were only concerned about themselves- didn't really care much about developing friendships.(that's the short version) 

Feel free to elaborate.

Regal_Muse

« Reply #6238 on: January 11, 2005, 11:08:48 PM »
Hehee I know where to find some pictures of Burning....muahahahaha....

Burning, although we are supposed to get married in a few years (I proposed to him a few hundred pages back and he accepted) you don't mind that I have another man on my avatar do you? I'm trying to soil my wild oats before I settle down. You can't hold it against me LMAO....

blk is cute...for a Delta hehehehehehe.

Running Thangs- girl you should really write a book. Your accomplishments could really be an inspiration to people out there. Good job!

:::PINKIES UP!::::

Regal_Muse

« Reply #6239 on: January 11, 2005, 11:09:57 PM »
Hmmm black people acting shady towards each other...not good. My friend at Harvard said the black people there get along great. It's the white people who trip out.