Law School Discussion

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
20 (37%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
4 (7.4%)
The Board is too cliquish.
10 (18.5%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
3 (5.6%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
2 (3.7%)
Not enough Board moderation.
4 (7.4%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
11 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Black Law Student Discussion Board

TLFKARG

Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #6140 on: January 11, 2005, 04:08:20 PM »

shiveringjenny

« Reply #6141 on: January 11, 2005, 04:09:08 PM »
You guys should go see Hotel Rwanda. I just saw it the other day, and it was pretty good.

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #6142 on: January 11, 2005, 04:27:13 PM »
Yeah, I actually agree with this mostly.  Who are we to give the money to?  The government is causing a lot of the repression and violence anyway, so pouring $$ into the problem seems futile.

I guess the best strategy would be to send people there like aid workers to help the people who are suffering as a result of disease and refugees, and maybe peacekeepers to actually address the war. That way the money could be funneled directly through international NGOs, governance bodies, and foreign governments to the people. 

But we can't send troops and aid workers everywhere, so it's a tough situation.  ???

If I were the president of the United States I would simply take over the country by sending in troops, and basically kill everone there that doesn't like it. They need to be ruled by a civilized nation.

Ruskie- They are yo people damit! but, we love you anyway.     

Regal_Muse

« Reply #6143 on: January 11, 2005, 04:33:54 PM »
I think Pharaoh should go to live in the Congo since he wants to be African so bad. Connect to your roots man!  :P

I'm messing with you man hahahaha.

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #6144 on: January 11, 2005, 04:51:28 PM »
I think Pharaoh should go to live in the Congo since he wants to be African so bad. Connect to your roots man!  :P

I think Cali should go to the Congo as well. Perhaps he should take a "looking glass" with him. Oh, I know...he can take a flash light with him. When he turns the light on the people will think he is a God, and he will rule the savages until the battery runs out.   

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: January 11, 2005, 06:13:34 PM »
Yeah, I actually agree with this mostly.  Who are we to give the money to?  The government is causing a lot of the repression and violence anyway, so pouring $$ into the problem seems futile.

I guess the best strategy would be to send people there like aid workers to help the people who are suffering as a result of disease and refugees, and maybe peacekeepers to actually address the war. That way the money could be funneled directly through international NGOs, governance bodies, and foreign governments to the people. 

But we can't send troops and aid workers everywhere, so it's a tough situation.  ???

If I were the president of the United States I would simply take over the country by sending in troops, and basically kill everone there that doesn't like it. They need to be ruled by a civilized nation.

Ruskie- They are yo people damit! but, we love you anyway.     

If I were president
If I were president
I'd make sure all the money's spent ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo n...good things
I'd never have no lint in my pocket
I'd rock it
i'd jock
i'd shock it
I would not jock the fact that there are
rich people in the world
because yo I got a girl
and she needs new clothes and I need new sneakers (New Sneakers?)
And that's all I know...

If I were president, If I were president, if I were president, if I WERE PRESIDENT

If I were president (what would you do?)
I would not carry oh no spare change
I would just rearrange
the whole government structure
cause there seems to be something that's messing with the flucture
of the money
ITS NOT COMING TO ME
So now its time for me to tell my homie jama D
So I'm lookin at my wallet and I do not have a buck
Damn I'm outa luck
Damn I'm feelin stuck...

[Big props to the person who can name that group!  hint: they're from California]

CaliToD.C.

« Reply #6146 on: January 11, 2005, 06:16:36 PM »
*&^% I'll go to any African country and lead a movement.  ;D

I thought about f-in with Michigan but Im cool. My girl hatin on my Fordham app cause she don't want me to yerk  her spot, even though shes threatening my GW chance.  >:(

I think I'll give some bread to Davis and the other MUST come from a fee waiver cause this app *&^% is hurting the pockets. Law school is seriously biased against people with little money!

official2008

• London Jazz Cafe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: January 11, 2005, 07:02:34 PM »
tell me about it, with that money thing. lucky for me, i got a whole lot of fee waivers. i don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

TLFKARG

« Reply #6148 on: January 11, 2005, 07:35:00 PM »

Hellloooooooooooooooooo, sweet chocolate!!!! :o :o :o :o *drool*

Regal, who's THAT?!

TLFKARG

« Reply #6149 on: January 11, 2005, 07:38:38 PM »
tell me about it, with that money thing. lucky for me, i got a whole lot of fee waivers. i don't know if that's a good or bad thing.
If they are schools where you have little to no chance, it's a bad thing.  But, thankfully, with your stats, there aren't many such schools! ;D  Some schools do send out fee waivers just to reject people to increase their selectivity stats, though. 

Most of my classmates who had numbers similar to yours and who are URM's all got into at least one top 5 school.