Law School Discussion

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
20 (37%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
4 (7.4%)
The Board is too cliquish.
10 (18.5%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
3 (5.6%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
2 (3.7%)
Not enough Board moderation.
4 (7.4%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
11 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Black Law Student Discussion Board

HBCU.EDU

Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #5880 on: January 07, 2005, 09:46:10 AM »
1. Abortion
2. Death Penalty
3. Taking God out of School
4. Gay Marriage
5. Crime- 3 Strikes

These are my core values, and this is why I support the Rep party. You can look back on this thread and you will never see me with liberal views concerning this sh*t. Where do you guys stand on this? I don't support gay marriage. I support the death penalty, and I don't support abortion. Why should we take God out of the schools? I think we should put criminals in prison for life if they keep hurting people.

Like I said. Look back on this thread. I've never supported any liberal views concerning that above. 

Did I miss something - - -who said HBCU had liberal views on anything? Where have they been? ;)

as for where I stand on these issues . . .
1.  I am pro choice in limited circumstances.
2. I am against the death penalty after taking a course in criminal law--the death penalty has not proven to be the sufficient deterrent that people think it is and may actually harm more people than it hurts (i.e. the Death Penalty Project).
3. Taking God out of School--I don't agree with this . . .I was upset, even as a little kid, when we stopped doing the prayer after the pledge of allegiance because someone's mother complained.  I understand the viewpoint, but no one was forcing the kids to pray.  They could leave the room if they didn't want to participate.
4. Gay marriage--let gay people do what they want, as long as they don't bother me.  Its a problem, by definition, calling it gay marriage, but God is going to judge these people, but its not my job to do so.
5. Three strikes on crime? --No real opinion here.  I would think that it comes out like the death penalty,but I haven't seen any literature on its effectiveness.  Three strikes of the same offense?  Maybe.  But I don't think this is how the current three strikes rule works.

smujd- They are new. They think I'm this nice little guy that's okay with bull like gay marriage, and abortion. They need to go back an read some of my old post damit!  

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5881 on: January 07, 2005, 09:51:50 AM »

smujd- They are new. They think I'm this nice little guy that's okay with bull like gay marriage, and abortion. They need to go back an read some of my old post damit! 

There's nothing wrong with gay marriage. And if you don't like it so f'n what. Nobody is forcing you to marry some dude. Get the f*ck over it!

Ladyday

• View Profile
« Reply #5882 on: January 07, 2005, 09:59:48 AM »
Hey Vic  :)

Oh and i saw that thing on "White Voice" this morning too, that man was clowing that movie, he said it straight up garbage. I've heard bad reviews on movies i liked before but this dude convinced me not to see it.

HBCU, baby calm down. First, none of the newbies at this time are banished from the BLSD just for disagreeing with you. If we all agreed on everything this board would be boring as hell and not have as many views as it does. Further, you must of course realize that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, you must deal with people who disagree with you on a daily basis, that's life.  

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #5883 on: January 07, 2005, 10:09:14 AM »
HBCU, I'm not that new.  I'm not talking about your views changed, I'm saying your attitude changed.  That's all.

It's like you went from Zell Miller circa 2002 to Zell Miller at the 2004 RNC.

I was nice and all that sh*t because you were new Mobell. Now you are one of the big dogs on the board, and you are going to get your ass kicked like everyone else. I'm going to start kickin Cali's ass if he keeps spewing all  this liberal sh*t about not loving capitalism. There are a lot of liberal fuckers on the board, and it's my job to smash you all. I would have been nice to that dude who came on the board today but he started talking about voting for the Klan so I had to smash him. Basically, get that liberal sh*t out of the BLSD. The African-American community does not need to be liberal at this time. We as a people need to embrace conservative values in order to repair  our broken community.

Hey, by the wayÖI support the death penalty because I think violent criminals should be burned alive! Iím not against killing all together. I just donít think that a baby should be sacrificed because of the mothers irresponsibility. Someone who goes into a day care with a machine gun and kills 200 kids should be put to death. Iím not going to hold his hand like a democrat would, and tell  him that he killed kids because he didnít have a father to raise him, and he grew up in a bad environment. #@!* him. He will die anyway.

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5884 on: January 07, 2005, 10:12:39 AM »
HBCU, I'm not that new.  I'm not talking about your views changed, I'm saying your attitude changed.  That's all.

It's like you went from Zell Miller circa 2002 to Zell Miller at the 2004 RNC.

I would have been nice to that dude who came on the board today but he started talking about voting for the Klan so I had to smash him. Basically, get that liberal sh*t out of the BLSD.

Dude, you didn't smash me. Your arguments are weak, your knowledge is lacking and you're about as clever as an episode of Webster. I pwn3d you. And if you're not careful, I'll do it again.

CaliToD.C.

« Reply #5885 on: January 07, 2005, 10:13:28 AM »
Yo Vic. Hell yeah still boys. Good lookin on that "Whit Noise" review, I didn't expect too much out of that *&^% anyway. I saw "Darkness" last week and that *&^% was TERRIBLE.

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #5886 on: January 07, 2005, 10:16:14 AM »
Hey Vic  :)

Oh and i saw that thing on "White Voice" this morning too, that man was clowing that movie, he said it straight up garbage. I've heard bad reviews on movies i liked before but this dude convinced me not to see it.

HBCU, baby calm down. First, none of the newbies at this time are banished from the BLSD just for disagreeing with you. If we all agreed on everything this board would be boring as hell and not have as many views as it does. Further, you must of course realize that everyone is entitled to their own opinions, you must deal with people who disagree with you on a daily basis, that's life.  

lady- You are right. Sorry for smacking the *&^% out of Random.

Random- Sorry for smacking the *&^% out of you. Welcome to BLSD.

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5887 on: January 07, 2005, 10:18:05 AM »
Hey Vic  :)

lady- You are right. Sorry for smacking the sh*t out of Random.

Random- Sorry for smacking the sh*t out of you. Welcome to BLSD.

Saying it doesn't make it so, smart guy. Just like saying Byrd *is* a Klansman doesn't make it so. How about stop acting like this is a minstrel show and start coming up with something intelligent to say.

Ladyday

• View Profile
« Reply #5888 on: January 07, 2005, 10:20:04 AM »
hbcu, you do realize that it is possibly for someone to be fiscally liberal but socially conservative? This represents a lot of Democrats. I will hand it to Republicans though, that have done a great job of making the word "liberal" such a dirty word, and i think it has been addressed before that without "liberal" views most of us would not be in or applying to ls today.

One of my biggest problems with blacks joining the republican party, besides the most of the party's prevailing racist views, and big money interests, is this: if all black people join the republican party we would ensure that they would win elections, BUT OUR INTERESTS WILL NEVER BE ADDRESSED AS THEY NEVER HAD TO DO ANYTHING TO WIN GAIN OUR SUPPORT besides talk about how bad the democrats are. How do black republicans address this issue? I see the majority of them are uncle toms who don't even see themselves as "black" so this is moot for them, but how do black republicans such as yourself who claim to be "pro-black" address this problem?

No need to try and "smash" me (even w/the sexual overtone) I'm asking a serious question....

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #5889 on: January 07, 2005, 10:20:56 AM »
Hey Vic  :)

lady- You are right. Sorry for smacking the sh*t out of Random.

Random- Sorry for smacking the sh*t out of you. Welcome to BLSD.

Saying it doesn't make it so, smart guy. Just like saying Byrd *is* a Klansman doesn't make it so. How about stop acting like this is a minstrel show and start coming up with something intelligent to say.

You are the one sand dancing talking about he use to be a Klansman. That's intelligent?