Law School Discussion

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
20 (37%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
4 (7.4%)
The Board is too cliquish.
10 (18.5%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
3 (5.6%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
2 (3.7%)
Not enough Board moderation.
4 (7.4%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
11 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Black Law Student Discussion Board

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #54560 on: September 24, 2008, 12:31:15 PM »
he sure makes the case for post-birth abortions.  :-\
Or maybe just the case for home training.  Parental involvement.  Early intervention.  Healthy socialization.  All that jazz...

wah. wah. wah.

naturallybeyoutiful

• Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #54561 on: September 24, 2008, 10:25:40 PM »
Or maybe just the case for home training.  Parental involvement.  Early intervention.  Healthy socialization.  All that jazz...

wah. wah. wah.

I stand by what I said.  ymmv  ;)

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54562 on: September 25, 2008, 05:08:26 AM »

wah. wah. wah.

Not saying you shouldn't. At that moment, though, you reminded me a Sean Penn at the Oscars....or Debbie Downer.

naturallybeyoutiful

• Everything is everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #54563 on: September 25, 2008, 06:16:57 AM »

wah. wah. wah.

Not saying you shouldn't. At that moment, though, you reminded me a Sean Penn at the Oscars....or Debbie Downer.

Didn't watch the Oscars, but a downer?  Really?   :-\  Your comment seemed more pessimistic to me.  It's not that this kid shouldn't have been born, but rather that he should have received the love, training, and help he needed to live his best life.  That's the real tragedy, not his birth.

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #54564 on: September 25, 2008, 06:30:59 AM »

wah. wah. wah.

Didn't watch the Oscars, but a downer?  Really?   :-\  Your comment seemed more pessimistic to me.  It's not that this kid shouldn't have been born, but rather that he should have received the love, training, and help he needed to live his best life.  That's the real tragedy, not his birth.

I agree.  I took your post as optimistic.  It's certainly a lot more depressing to give up on kids than to believe that we can find a way to help them.

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #54565 on: September 27, 2008, 04:11:24 AM »
Ah, the board is back.  And some people cannot be helped.

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54566 on: September 27, 2008, 10:11:21 AM »
Ah, the board is back.  And some people cannot be helped.

lol.

wah. wah. wah.

Didn't watch the Oscars, but a downer?  Really?   :-\  Your comment seemed more pessimistic to me.  It's not that this kid shouldn't have been born, but rather that he should have received the love, training, and help he needed to live his best life.  That's the real tragedy, not his birth.

You do realize that there is no such thing as post-birth abortion? They traditionally call that murder. With that in mind, I don't see how you took that comment so literally.

Miss P

• View Profile
« Reply #54567 on: September 27, 2008, 10:14:31 AM »
And some people cannot be helped.

Hmm, yes.  You frequently remind me of this.

:P

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #54568 on: September 27, 2008, 10:21:05 AM »
:D

« Reply #54569 on: September 27, 2008, 11:13:07 AM »
"Latarian stole the keys to his grandma's 2006 Durgano AGAIN! How the hell is she just leaving her keys out in the open like that?! She needs to hide that *&^% under a fruit bowl or somewhere else he will never look."

:D

So, I haven't been here in a couple of weeks and I'm reading this thread backwards and looking at Nat's and 7S's quoted posts and I'm like these two must be talking about Latarian...and lo and behold, I was right  :D