Law School Discussion

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
20 (37%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
4 (7.4%)
The Board is too cliquish.
10 (18.5%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
3 (5.6%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
2 (3.7%)
Not enough Board moderation.
4 (7.4%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
11 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Black Law Student Discussion Board

A.

• View Profile
Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #53600 on: March 02, 2008, 03:02:28 PM »
Oh I forgot about Die Hard too.  Hmm.  Tied for third-best.

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #53601 on: March 02, 2008, 03:40:03 PM »
Okay those of you in the know...is Michael Clayton worth my time to rent. I love Clooney and since it got a Oscar nod. I figured it might be worth a look. Anyone seen it?

Loved it.  Saw it on the re-release n the theatres a few weeks ago and then bought the DVD. 

LadyKD

• And so it began..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53602 on: March 02, 2008, 06:00:27 PM »
Okay those of you in the know...is Michael Clayton worth my time to rent. I love Clooney and since it got a Oscar nod. I figured it might be worth a look. Anyone seen it?

Loved it.  Saw it on the re-release n the theatres a few weeks ago and then bought the DVD. 

Okay I watched it..pretty darn good.

« Reply #53603 on: March 02, 2008, 06:51:56 PM »
American Gangster and Bourne Ultimatum ;)

I will give you Bourne. Not so sure about American Gangster-tired of seeing Denzel in thug roles..

hasn't he really only done two (Training Day and American Gangster)within the last few years?  Maybe you can count Out of Time, but just barely.

yah it was good...saw it twice in the theater (albeit free both times)

LadyKD

• And so it began..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53604 on: March 02, 2008, 07:17:40 PM »

I will give you Bourne. Not so sure about American Gangster-tired of seeing Denzel in thug roles..

hasn't he really only done two (Training Day and American Gangster)within the last few years?  Maybe you can count Out of Time, but just barely.

I am just bitter because I think he should have gotten the Oscar for John Q...I thought he was awesome in that movie.

« Reply #53605 on: March 02, 2008, 09:22:57 PM »

I am just bitter because I think he should have gotten the Oscar for John Q...I thought he was awesome in that movie.

John Q?  You are the first person I've ever heard say that.  I don't mind that he got it for Training Day, but I think he should have already won a BA oscar for either Malcolm X or Hurricane.

cui bono?

• blah bliggetty blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #53606 on: March 03, 2008, 08:15:53 AM »

yep but there's 2 parts that I thought were kinda weird-  the 3 horses and then the end when the audience is just watching him ride in the cab   

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #53607 on: March 03, 2008, 09:57:07 AM »
The horses were very weird.  Never quite got that.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53608 on: March 03, 2008, 01:03:17 PM »
The horses were very weird.  Never quite got that.

They were strangely the same horses (or at least resembled the three horses) from the story that his son told him about earlier.  I guess that was enough to get him out of the car to say "WTF?" for a second.

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53609 on: March 03, 2008, 01:41:29 PM »

yep but there's 2 parts that I thought were kinda weird-  the 3 horses and then the end when the audience is just watching him ride in the cab   

I think the cab was suppose to show us that, after all that running around, shuckin and jiving that he did so well, he now has no idea where he is going.