Law School Discussion

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
20 (37%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
4 (7.4%)
The Board is too cliquish.
10 (18.5%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
3 (5.6%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
2 (3.7%)
Not enough Board moderation.
4 (7.4%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
11 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Black Law Student Discussion Board

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #53160 on: January 18, 2008, 11:01:14 AM »
wow. what an idiot. Apparently, no black people work at Golfweek.

LadyKD

• And so it began..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53161 on: January 18, 2008, 11:17:38 AM »
Golfweek cover raises ire of PGA Tour commissioner
ESPN.com news services

Golfweek Magazine, as part of a package of stories on the controversy involving Golf Channel anchor Kelly Tilghman's comment that players should "lynch [Tiger Woods] in a back alley," used the image of a noose on the cover of its Jan. 19 issue.

That decision has added fuel to a flap which has seen Tilghman suspended for two weeks from her anchoring duties. Woods' agent said he considers Tilghman's remark a "non-issue."

Golfweek is one of two major national golf news magazines. Golf World, which has an editorial relationship with ESPN.com, is the other.

"Was it an arresting image? "Yes, it was," Golfweek editor Dave Seanor told USA Today. "We chose it because it was an image we thought would draw attention to an issue we thought deserved some intelligent dialogue."

. . . .

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3201070&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

The editor of Golfweek magazine said he was overwhelmed by negative reaction to the photo of a noose on the cover of this week's issue, illustrating a story about the suspension of a Golf Channel anchor for using the word "lynch" in an on-air discussion about how to beat Tiger Woods.

"We knew that image would grab attention, but I didn't anticipate the enormity of it," Dave Seanor, vice president and editor of the weekly magazine, said from the PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, Fla.

"There's been a huge, negative reaction," he said. "I've gotten so many e-mails. It's a little overwhelming."

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-magazinecover

Idiot.

Unless I am  a subscriber to this magazine I dont give a flying (&(&k that there is a noose on the cover. This is such a non-damn issue. Hell if I was I still wouldnt care. This bs is eventually going to have to stop. I wonder if the same outrage would come if that same damn noose was hanging on the cover of Ebony or Jet.

Kirk Lazarus

• I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #53162 on: January 18, 2008, 11:19:11 AM »
ESPN.com news services

Golfweek Magazine, as part of a package of stories on the controversy involving Golf Channel anchor Kelly Tilghman's comment that players should "lynch [Tiger Woods] in a back alley," used the image of a noose on the cover of its Jan. 19 issue.

That decision has added fuel to a flap which has seen Tilghman suspended for two weeks from her anchoring duties. Woods' agent said he considers Tilghman's remark a "non-issue."

Golfweek is one of two major national golf news magazines. Golf World, which has an editorial relationship with ESPN.com, is the other.

"Was it an arresting image? "Yes, it was," Golfweek editor Dave Seanor told USA Today. "We chose it because it was an image we thought would draw attention to an issue we thought deserved some intelligent dialogue."

. . . .

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3201070&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

The editor of Golfweek magazine said he was overwhelmed by negative reaction to the photo of a noose on the cover of this week's issue, illustrating a story about the suspension of a Golf Channel anchor for using the word "lynch" in an on-air discussion about how to beat Tiger Woods.

"We knew that image would grab attention, but I didn't anticipate the enormity of it," Dave Seanor, vice president and editor of the weekly magazine, said from the PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando, Fla.

"There's been a huge, negative reaction," he said. "I've gotten so many e-mails. It's a little overwhelming."

Idiot.

Unless I am  a subscriber to this magazine I dont give a flying (&(&k that there is a noose on the cover. This is such a non-damn issue. Hell if I was I still wouldnt care. This bs is eventually going to have to stop. I wonder if the same outrage would come if that same damn noose was hanging on the cover of Ebony or Jet.

Classic signs of narcissism here.

LadyKD

• And so it began..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53163 on: January 18, 2008, 11:23:42 AM »
ESPN.com news services

. . . .

Idiot.

Kiss my narcissistic azz.

Kirk Lazarus

• View Profile
« Reply #53164 on: January 18, 2008, 11:50:55 AM »
ESPN.com news services

. . . .

Idiot.

I'll pass on the ass kissing. Thanks.

LadyKD

• And so it began..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53165 on: January 18, 2008, 11:57:23 AM »
ESPN.com news services

. . . .

Idiot.

You could of passed on making any comment directed to me at all.

Kirk Lazarus

• View Profile
« Reply #53166 on: January 18, 2008, 11:59:01 AM »
ESPN.com news services

. . . .

Idiot.

I know. I could've, but I didn't. Next time, maybe.

LadyKD

• And so it began..
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #53167 on: January 18, 2008, 12:03:22 PM »
ESPN.com news services

. . . .

Idiot.

I know. I could've, but I didn't. Next time, maybe.

Just know that when you do the directive to kiss my azz still stands.

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #53168 on: January 18, 2008, 12:05:40 PM »
wackjuice

7S

• Self-determination.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53169 on: January 18, 2008, 12:52:27 PM »
 :D @ this whole exchange.

I don't think the noose is the issue. The issue is that it seems to mock the history behind the noose, which makes the image all the more insulting. Notice the tongue-and-cheek headline "Caught in a Noose." Time could have put a noose on the cover with a substantive headline and article about lynching/racism and there probably wouldn't have been a problem.

If Ebony put out an issue with Auschwitz on the cover and a headline saying "It's Getting Hot in Herr," Jewish people would be justifably insulted. Dont you think LadyKD?