Law School Discussion

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
20 (37%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
4 (7.4%)
The Board is too cliquish.
10 (18.5%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
3 (5.6%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
2 (3.7%)
Not enough Board moderation.
4 (7.4%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
11 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Black Law Student Discussion Board

Denny Crane

• Where's my Shirley Schmidt-ho?
    • View Profile
Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #49030 on: August 16, 2007, 02:36:04 PM »
Side question:

For the Yalies on the board, where do you get groceries and stuff?  Basically, where is the supermarket?

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #49031 on: August 16, 2007, 02:37:16 PM »
no child of mine is getting a gucci bag from me.  sorry thats just ridiculous.  God forbid I marry a spender.  we will have so many fights that it won't even be funny.

You know you're going to.  That's how it always happens.  You'll manage the books and he'll buy the finer things.

y'all have your BA/graduate degree requirements, I have my credit score and savings account balance requirement.  :P

Lol you can spend money and still have savings and a good credit score.  Gucci isn't that expensive when you're making 6 figures.

ok I want to see the pay stubs too!  nukka better not be wasting my money buying gucci.

One Step Ahead

• View Profile
« Reply #49032 on: August 16, 2007, 02:38:23 PM »
Side question:

For the Yalies on the board, where do you get groceries and stuff?  Basically, where is the supermarket?

shaws is the closest, but the produce isn't the freshest.  you can drive up to hamden and go to the stop and shop or shaws up on dixwell.

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #49033 on: August 16, 2007, 02:38:58 PM »
Side question:

Shaw's.  It's on Whalley Ave.  There's a better one in Hamden, down Dixwell Ave., but it takes about 10 mins to get to.  There's also a Stop & Shop on Dixwell.

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #49034 on: August 16, 2007, 02:40:24 PM »
no child of mine is getting a gucci bag from me.  sorry thats just ridiculous.  God forbid I marry a spender.  we will have so many fights that it won't even be funny.

You know you're going to.  That's how it always happens.  You'll manage the books and he'll buy the finer things.

y'all have your BA/graduate degree requirements, I have my credit score and savings account balance requirement.  :P

Lol you can spend money and still have savings and a good credit score.  Gucci isn't that expensive when you're making 6 figures.

ok I want to see the pay stubs too!  nukka better not be wasting my money buying gucci.

Lol.  You don't want him to splurge on anything?  Just drive a used Accord, buy a nice little house in an up-and-coming neighborhood, give Jesus his 10%, and sock everything else away.

Statistic

• I never had a chance
    • View Profile
« Reply #49035 on: August 16, 2007, 02:41:13 PM »
this got boring quick

One Step Ahead

• View Profile
« Reply #49036 on: August 16, 2007, 02:45:09 PM »

Lol.  You don't want him to splurge on anything?  Just drive a used Accord, buy a nice little house in an up-and-coming neighborhood, give Jesus his 10%, and sock everything else away.

yes this is a very good start.  He could probably give Jesus a little bit more and give to charity/other worthy causes.  splurge account for vacations/travel.

2Lacoste

• Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #49037 on: August 16, 2007, 02:53:35 PM »
This entire ensemble is fire.  F*** you if it makes me bourgeois.

http://thesartorialist.blogspot.com/2007_07_01_archive.html#199904723559695612

That is all.

Kirk Lazarus

• I'm a lead farmer, mofo
    • View Profile
« Reply #49038 on: August 16, 2007, 02:53:58 PM »

That is all.

LMAO. +1

I half expected to see your picture on the website.

2Lacoste

• Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #49039 on: August 16, 2007, 02:56:42 PM »

That is all.

LMAO. +1

I half expected to see your picture on the website.

Gotta wait a couple of biglaw paychecks before that's the case.  But I'm well on my way with two Carl Goldberg shirts coming in soon!