Law School Discussion

Poll

Why are the Newbies scared to speak up?

They prefer to Lurk.
20 (37%)
They're not, they're just on another website.
4 (7.4%)
The Board is too cliquish.
10 (18.5%)
There's nothing interesting to talk about.
3 (5.6%)
There's nobody interesting to talk to.
2 (3.7%)
Not enough Board moderation.
4 (7.4%)
Newbies?  What Newbies?
11 (20.4%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Black Law Student Discussion Board

One Step Ahead

• you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
Re: Black Law Student Discussion Board
« Reply #49020 on: August 16, 2007, 02:20:23 PM »
My kids will be oisie--whether they will be bougie or not will largely depend on how they respond.

to what

to life in America.

Lol exactly. "Mooooom!  Susie got a gucci bag, why can't I have one?  Her mom's a lawyer too!"

my kids will know better than to ask me for that ish.  they'll ask Uncle Alci.

2Lacoste

• Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #49022 on: August 16, 2007, 02:23:35 PM »
My kids will be oisie--whether they will be bougie or not will largely depend on how they respond.

to what

to life in America.

Lol exactly. "Mooooom!  Susie got a gucci bag, why can't I have one?  Her mom's a lawyer too!"

my kids will know better than to ask me for that ish.  they'll ask Uncle Alci.

Nah you'll just make your OSA face and give it to them.  Or they'll ask Mr. OSA.

One Step Ahead

• View Profile
« Reply #49023 on: August 16, 2007, 02:25:38 PM »
no child of mine is getting a gucci bag from me.  sorry thats just ridiculous.  God forbid I marry a spender.  we will have so many fights that it won't even be funny.

Gengiswump

• "she's a tough mfer, but she knows how to party"
    • View Profile

Gengiswump

• "she's a tough mfer, but she knows how to party"
    • View Profile
« Reply #49025 on: August 16, 2007, 02:26:21 PM »
no child of mine is getting a gucci bag from me.  sorry thats just ridiculous.  God forbid I marry a spender.  we will have so many fight that it won't even be funny.

What if it was one of your castoffs? ;)

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #49026 on: August 16, 2007, 02:27:47 PM »
no child of mine is getting a gucci bag from me.  sorry thats just ridiculous.  God forbid I marry a spender.  we will have so many fights that it won't even be funny.

You know you're going to.  That's how it always happens.  You'll manage the books and he'll buy the finer things.

One Step Ahead

• View Profile
« Reply #49027 on: August 16, 2007, 02:29:44 PM »
no child of mine is getting a gucci bag from me.  sorry thats just ridiculous.  God forbid I marry a spender.  we will have so many fight that it won't even be funny.

What if it was one of your castoffs? ;)

lol yeah if someone is foolish enough to buy me a gucci bag and my daughter is a bougie mess she can borrow it.  wouldn't give it to her because that would just be feeding into the avarice.

One Step Ahead

• View Profile
« Reply #49028 on: August 16, 2007, 02:31:00 PM »

You know you're going to.  That's how it always happens.  You'll manage the books and he'll buy the finer things.

y'all have your BA/graduate degree requirements, I have my credit score and savings account balance requirement.  :P

A.

• View Profile
« Reply #49029 on: August 16, 2007, 02:34:13 PM »

y'all have your BA/graduate degree requirements, I have my credit score and savings account balance requirement.  :P

Lol you can spend money and still have savings and a good credit score.  Gucci isn't that expensive when you're making 6 figures.