Law School Discussion

Law school rankings - looking for input for article

Law school rankings - looking for input for article
« on: September 07, 2005, 02:50:46 PM »
I am a writer with LawCrossing.com and I am looking for input from students who are trying to decide what law schools to attend.  Specifically, I would like to know the following:

1.  Do the ranking lists published every year effect your decision?  If so, how much do they effect your decision?

2.  Which of the ranking lists do you use? (US News & World Report, Law School 100, etc.)

3.  What other published sources of information do you use to pick a law school? ( Official Guide to Law Schools from the LSAT people, BCG Class Ranking Guide, Princeton Review's Complete Book of Law Schools, ABA-LSAC Official Guide to ABA-Approved Law Schools, etc.)

4.  What factors influence your decision when choosing a school?

5.  How important do you think your choice of law school is in consideration for your future employment?

6.  What is more important for your future career - the school that you graduate from or the grades that you get in law school?

Please email me your answers at nikkil@lawcrossing.com (preferred) or post them here.  Thank you for your assistance and good luck to all of you in finding the right school.

Nikki LaCrosse