Law School Discussion

RC and science...

RC and science...
« on: September 07, 2005, 02:36:25 PM »
My experiences with RC so far:  I can do pretty well with all the passages about legal philosophies, artists, sociology, english history, blah blah.  Often times though, most of the points i miss in a section come from the one science passage in the section.  I have the hardest time comprehending what i've read on these passages.  Sometimes i'll read through the whole thing and still have very little understanding of wtf they're talking about.  Anybody else have similar problems? 

By the same token, does anyone have any advice on how i can do better on the science passages?  It gets to the point that my score on the RC section fluctuates based on whether or not there is a science passage in the given RC section.  There's just something about these sections that makes it really hard for me to comprehend what the hell is going on.

Re: RC and science...
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 02:47:23 PM »
I usually do well on the science passages but really dislike ones dealing with lit/poetry/art... I can handle them; it is just that the science is more exciting than African American Harlem renaissance poetry… For the science ones they are not going to ask you extremely specific questions or ask you to infer as much so the answers are more often than not right in the text – they might just be harder to find… I doubt that helps any… how about this, get excited about the passage regardless, treat every passage as if it was about the Cardinals… doesn’t help much either, mm I’m out of ideas