Law School Discussion

Slowly turning into a fan of full preptests..

theunderdog

Slowly turning into a fan of full preptests..
« on: September 04, 2005, 07:40:01 PM »
I see such mixed results with sections.  I'm slowly turning into a fan of full timed preptests... maybe one per week, and review it thoroughly during the week..  My focus isn't quite there with a section or two.  Thoughts, please.

Re: Slowly turning into a fan of full preptests..
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 08:15:38 PM »
Do you do timed or untimed?

theunderdog

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 10:14:54 PM »
Both.  But my focus isn't quite there (for full sections)...  do you know what I mean?

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005, 10:39:59 PM »
For the games and RC sections, I've found it most helpful to do one game or reading passage, under an 8:45 time limit, and then I review the answers. That gives me the benefit of having to answer the questions within the time limit, but it's much less stressful than doing an entire test timed. And the questions are fresher in my mind when I'm seeing what I did right and wrong. I know that pretty soon I'm going to have to do entire timed tests at once, but I'm putting that off as long as possible.

r.

• Hey psycho stalker spy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005, 10:53:46 PM »
Yeah I think full, timed, prep tests are the best way to go. If you have the time, I say do one. If you just have an hour, say, on a train home, just do a section or two. But I think that the closer you approximate test day conditions, and the more often you do it, the more prepared and focused you'll be for the big day.

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005, 11:04:49 PM »
I have been doing untimed as my primary study method. I do a full timed test every week to check on progress. So far so good. The way I see it, you would not learn to play a song on the piano going full tilt. You would do it piece by piece slow and steady. When you know it you naturally speed up.