Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Kanye West Comment  (Read 12657 times)

Coreysmommy

• View Profile
Kanye West Comment
« on: September 03, 2005, 08:52:34 PM »
What do you think about the comments Kanye West made against George Bush?

ThePerfectSoldier

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SuzukiAkira138
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kanye West Comment
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 09:03:27 PM »
I think it was hilarious how Mike Myers stared at him right after he said "George Bush doesn't care about black people.  As far as the rest of his statements, I'm not sure, but I think he may be right.

Keyser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 09:56:05 PM »
He's a dumb*ss. The point of the event was to bring everybody together so money could be raised. Divisive comments, no matter how true they may be, distract from that purpose.

dividebyzero

• Sr. Citizen
  • Motherf*ckin' Snakes On A Plane!
    • MSN Messenger - daedelus_rex@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 10:08:50 PM »
I'm getting really tired of the complaints that anyone who would *dare* speculate as to those who are either directly or indirectly responsible for this tragedy are merely voicing divisive and unproductive opinions at an "inopportune" time.

Whether Kanye West railed against Bush during a so-called "fund raiser", or whether its two weeks into the near future at some totally unrelated media event, it doesn't change the fact that Kanye is very likely RIGHT about the fact that the Bush administration (as well as most Republicans) have made it very clear that they couldn't give two shits about the black community in this country.

Hell, I don't even LIKE Kanye West, but I certainly agree with THAT particular statement.
"Remove the chain, cause' that's off it!"

Acceptances: Georgetown ("off da' chain!")
That is all...

KayakAnyone

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 10:09:18 PM »
prepostorous! Bush obviously cares for Condi.

ThePerfectSoldier

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005, 10:11:44 PM »

Keyser

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 10:12:28 PM »
I'm getting really tired of the complaints that anyone who would *dare* speculate as to those who are either directly or indirectly responsible for this tragedy are merely voicing divisive and unproductive opinions at an "inopportune" time.

Whether Kanye West railed against Bush during a so-called "fund raiser", or whether its two weeks into the near future at some totally unrelated media event, it doesn't change the fact that Kanye is very likely RIGHT about the fact that the Bush administration (as well as most Republicans) have made it very clear that they couldn't give two shits about the black community in this country.

Hell, I don't even LIKE Kanye West, but I certainly agree with THAT particular statement.

And I'm getting really tired of people saying racist sh*t like that...

dividebyzero

• Sr. Citizen
  • Motherf*ckin' Snakes On A Plane!
    • MSN Messenger - daedelus_rex@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2005, 10:15:35 PM »

Don't even get me started on her...
My deep dislike of Condi has nothing to do with her supposed "Uncle Tom" inclinations; just the fact that she was the most worthless National Security Advisor we've ever had.

Anyway, I'm noticing a trend..."Don't start laying blame on people, there's tragedy afoot!", then a year later it's "Get over it already, that was so long ago in the past...it's time to move on." Both being spectacular examples of emotional appeals to reduce dissention.

"Remove the chain, cause' that's off it!"

Acceptances: Georgetown ("off da' chain!")
That is all...

ThePerfectSoldier

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2005, 10:18:31 PM »

Racist sh!t like what, exactly?

J D

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lust isn't one of the 7 Deadly Sins for nothing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2005, 10:20:03 PM »

That's not a racist statement.  It's a statement from one who knows that, however undesirably, race still plays a very significant role in our society and our world.
"I never think of the future.  It comes soon enough."--Albert Einstein