Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is Quinnipiac that bad? Opinions  (Read 3412 times)

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xikillamikeix
    • View Profile
    • Email
Is Quinnipiac that bad? Opinions
« on: September 03, 2005, 02:38:57 AM »
I know its a tier 4 but im thinking of applying as a safety school. How is Qunnipiac... as far as research goes it seems like a beautiful campus, nice location, and very technologically advanced. Is it really that bad? How is job placement if you succeed well in Law school? Will anyone respect a degree from Qunnipiac?
Seton Hall School of Law 1L come the Fall
Lets go Pirates!

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
Re: Is Quinnipiac that bad? Opinions
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005, 11:35:24 AM »
it not very easy to spell, so that one mark against it.

gordonma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Cheers
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xikillamikeix
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005, 11:49:25 AM »
this is true... any other more tangible qualities?
Seton Hall School of Law 1L come the Fall
Lets go Pirates!

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005, 11:51:16 AM »
not worry about degree so much as you.  there always good jobs for law graduates who can perform--whatever prestige whores on this site say.

Highway

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005, 12:20:46 PM »
The basic problem is that you have Yale and UConn in the same State. While you may not have as much to worry about as far as CT jobs go from Yalies (who will go to NY, DC, SF, LA, etc), a lot of UConn grads stay in the area. UConn gets more respect. You also have schools in MA that are probably better schools with grads who may want to work in Hartford.

All of that said, I don't really know anything about Quinnipiac specifically.

ricochet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 06:41:44 PM »
let me tell you about quinnipiac. im a 1l in my third week at saint louis university. i'm from ct, went to the public school system there in hamden and actually qu is right down the hill from where i live. i went to gw for undergrad. as a law school, i give quinnipiac alot of respect. it's definitely up and coming, run by an administration that is determined to improve the school's ranking, and is simply a beautiful location. if it is your safety then i think it is an excellent safety. this is because while some say it does compete with uconn and yale grads, THATS PRETTY MUCH TRUE FOR EVERY lower-ranked school, but do not let that determine your decision. yes, you have to compete with these better ranked schools but quinnipiac does offer opportunities that yale and uconn cannot offer. the school is extremely advanced. if you have gone to their library, you'll simply be impressed by the contemporary style. the faculty are from all over the country and its reputation is certainly on the rise. i mean, the law school is not even more than 10 years old, ofcourse it doesnt have the numbers or rep that uconn and yale does. i actually know more qu law grads that work in mass than connecticut, so it's not hard to find a good job out of law school in the east coast. i think also an added advantage to qu is that they truly offer their students the guidance they need as an up and coming school. they want the reputation and they know they need to turn out quality lawyers, and that is exactly what they're trying to do now. if you go and you are smart and a hard worker, you will probably shine at quinnipiac and they need students such as yourself whereas other schools may not be so "accommodating." in other words i am trying to say you will get a quality education at quinnipiac do not be ashamed if that is the school you must go to (i got in) and if you are smart and hard working and succeed in law school anywhere qu will get you a good job on the east coast.good luck

Julee Fern

• Sr. Citizen
  • be cheerleader for al qaeda and osama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 11:09:15 PM »
I've never heard anything bad about Quinnipiac (except that it is indeed hard to spell).  People don't criticize it the way they do Cooley or Roger Williams (not that comments from the peanut gallery always mean that much anyway).  The East coast is overloaded with law schools as it is, and Yale is obviously going to trump everything in Connecticut, but I don't think I would worry about it.  Lower ranked schools usually have strong regional alumni networks, meaning finding a job shouldn't be that difficult in the New England area.

I also agree with whoever said that to a certain extent, you have to make your own opportunities.  Outside of elite schools, where even the bigest fuckup is going to be handed a bunch of money and chances, you do have to pull your own weight.  I personally know several individuals (judges, politicians, corporate types) who did just that after graduating from University of Detroit, a T4 school.     

Why you always ragging on Cooley!   >:(

Maybe you should take head out of USNews (and ass) and start measuring schools by other criteria.   ::)
goooooo al qaeda!  gooooooo bin laden!  go, go, osama bin laden!

never mind all people you killing senselessly--that just more that silly conservative thinking.  what important is scooter libby and cheney's former employers.  beeeeeeee substantive!

Julee Fern

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2005, 03:35:07 PM »
I've never heard anything bad about Quinnipiac (except that it is indeed hard to spell).  People don't criticize it the way they do Cooley or Roger Williams (not that comments from the peanut gallery always mean that much anyway).  The East coast is overloaded with law schools as it is, and Yale is obviously going to trump everything in Connecticut, but I don't think I would worry about it.  Lower ranked schools usually have strong regional alumni networks, meaning finding a job shouldn't be that difficult in the New England area.

I also agree with whoever said that to a certain extent, you have to make your own opportunities.  Outside of elite schools, where even the bigest fuckup is going to be handed a bunch of money and chances, you do have to pull your own weight.  I personally know several individuals (judges, politicians, corporate types) who did just that after graduating from University of Detroit, a T4 school.     

Maybe you should take head out of USNews (and ass) and start measuring schools by other criteria.   ::)

I said "people" don't criticize it, I didn't say I did.  I hate USNWR, which you should be able to tell Gwynnie.  Put down the sandwich perhaps and read more closely? ;D

Fat joke no hide flaming elitist attitude.  :P

never mind all people you killing senselessly--that just more that silly conservative thinking.  what important is scooter libby and cheney's former employers.  beeeeeeee substantive!

Julee Fern

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005, 05:20:21 AM »

I said "people" don't criticize it, I didn't say I did.  I hate USNWR, which you should be able to tell Gwynnie.  Put down the sandwich perhaps and read more closely? ;D

Fat joke no hide flaming elitist attitude.  :P

Oh yeah, I'm a real elitist.  I spent a week trying to convince people Cooley wasn't the worst law school in the country, and probably 75% of my overall time on here is spent complaining about morons that pick schools because they are a few slots higher than another, according to a stupid news magazine.  That's real elitism for you. 

Too late to try change stripes now, rankings-man.

Julee Fern

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2005, 10:26:27 PM »
Yeah right, flamer. 

You're the flamer that's "on fire".   :D