Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Indians in Law School, WHERE?!  (Read 3756 times)

qwertyytrewq

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Indians in Law School, WHERE?!
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 09:42:15 AM »
southasians are spreading liek the bird flu...there are huge pockets of them in every important city...even the unimportant ones.

especially in the northeast...out of the relaly good schools cornell upenn gtown gw and columbia i kno all have good sized indian populations.  their undergrads also have a lot.

edit:  if you want to go to a school that has a strong "desi" minority you should go to whatever shcools website and see wat kind of clubs they have...i kno fordham has a south asian law students association...i think thas a good sign that you'll have company.

PromiscuousBoy

• Sr. Citizen
  • That is all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2005, 11:56:01 PM »
im a desi student at ucla (im an undergrad) , and we have quite a bit. actually, i want to go to the east coast for law school. YALE <3 <3 anywhere in the east is fine, really. i went to yale this summer and i fell in love with it. im used to having friends outside of my race, but when i have indian friends, it's very nice.

CA has a lot of desis.

but, UCLAw doesnt have that many. just a handful.
\ so confused.

ucm

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 04:13:07 PM »
well if you really want to come to cali and attend law school with a bunch of desis then you have to check out the University of the Pacifics McGeorge law school in Sacramento. Has a bunch of desis from Nor Cal. They use to have their own page on friendster back in the day McGeorge Indians or desis or something like that. Anyways its a good school too. Very close to UC Davis which has a HUGE desi population going back to the late 1960s. Schools in Cali that have large desi pop - UC Davis, UC Berkeley, UCLA, USC, San Jose State, Sacramento State, Fresno State and I think UC Irvine has a few desis but not too many. As for the law schools Im not entirely sure except for McGeorge. 

shabnam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2005, 03:51:49 PM »
Go to Berkeley. The Bay Area and UC Berkeley have a lot of East Indians.  Southern Cali is known for its large Persian population, but there are Indians there as well. 

Fidelio

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2005, 09:43:30 PM »
Yah I hear California law schools have a lot of Persians.  Even on the LSAT there was a question about "Reza" in the LR section lol.

shabnam

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2005, 02:22:22 AM »
Yah I hear California law schools have a lot of Persians.  Even on the LSAT there was a question about "Reza" in the LR section lol.

yeah and in October they had a question with a quote from Azadeh.