Law School Discussion

Fuel prices??

ningirl

• View Profile
Re: Fuel prices??
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2005, 07:12:23 PM »
$3.09 in southern Ohio. I heard it's supposed to go up 50 cents here tomorrow.
What the heck. I live in the boonies, and it's at least a 30 minute drive everywhere. So I dunno what I'm going to do.

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2005, 07:17:36 PM »
Paid $2.99 to fill up last night.  The guy said that they called for a truck to come and refill them and they got, "Don't bother calling back after this refill.  We aren't going to have any more for a little while."

I don't know how true that is, but that's what was said.

Charleston, SC

Paikea

• One year down, two more to go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2005, 08:29:49 PM »
$2.96/gallon for regular in Spokane WA.  It cost me $40 to fill up my Forester. The man at the station said to fill up now cause in two days, it will be up to $5.00/gallon.

Just now on my way to the library, I just heard a report stating that the US oil companies currently have a surplus of oil.  Also, they have reaped record setting profits this quarter, surpasing Wal-Mart.  Many groups are calling on them to cut back on prices or to donate oil.  It will be interesting to see what happens, although I doubt anything will.

Maybe Bush will put some heat on his oil buddies and get them to help out.  With his spproval ratings in the toilet, you would think this would be a great opportunity to show he can lead in a time of crisis.  I sincerely hope he does.

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2005, 08:55:28 PM »
$2.99...Tampa, FL

Merc

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2005, 08:56:50 PM »
3  texASS.

This *&^% ain't no good.

BIG H2001

• UNC 1L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2005, 09:02:13 PM »
$2.96/gallon for regular in Spokane WA.  It cost me $40 to fill up my Forester. The man at the station said to fill up now cause in two days, it will be up to $5.00/gallon.

Just now on my way to the library, I just heard a report stating that the US oil companies currently have a surplus of oil.  Also, they have reaped record setting profits this quarter, surpasing Wal-Mart.  Many groups are calling on them to cut back on prices or to donate oil.  It will be interesting to see what happens, although I doubt anything will.

Maybe Bush will put some heat on his oil buddies and get them to help out.  With his spproval ratings in the toilet, you would think this would be a great opportunity to show he can lead in a time of crisis.  I sincerely hope he does.

The problem isn't the supply.  The main problem right now is the oil futures market.  That is to say, panic over oil transportation due to broken pipelines and damaged oil rigs. This is not to be confused with what he had in recent weeks and months.  Two totally different scenarios. 

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2005, 09:23:33 PM »
America has enough oil to last us many years. But, they are very careful about when they should use it. It is back-up oil. Sort of like insurance oil. There have been much news about drilling in Alaska. Alaska has a lot of oil that no one is using. Eskimos do not care for it. Penguins walk over it without looking twice. I saw a polar bear diving underwater, but I think it was looking for a fish. I think this because he stopped diving after he found a fish, and also because he was still white in fur color. So, unless animals learn to drive, there is a "bounty" (means 'a lot') of oil in Alaska. I think people are concerned about ruining the natural beauty. But, not many people visit, so no one can actually see it. The government could just keep using old pictures of Alaska and claim they are new, and trick everyone and get more oil. Also, even if animals could drive, they probably wouldn't have any money to buy gas. I would not hire a seal to do my taxes.

Here, have a cigar.  You need to run for public office.

J D

• Lust isn't one of the 7 Deadly Sins for nothing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2005, 09:31:08 PM »
Over $3.30 in Boston, I think.

And drilling for crude in Alaska doesn't do a terrible lot of good if all our refineries are currently running at full capacity.

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2005, 10:11:01 PM »
$2.99/gal in Central TX. No big deal for me, I bike.

ningirl

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2005, 10:11:36 PM »
I might have to saddle up a horse.