Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: We already have a black guy here???  (Read 1021 times)

jlipton

• View Profile
Re: We already have a black guy here???
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005, 10:00:09 PM »
I love how you assume I can't relate to it because I asked a simple question without even having made a judgement yet - if anything, I gave you the benefit of the doubt(citing Devah Pager).  If you want be to believe that your resume got rejected because you're black, then you'd better damn well be willing to show me that resume.  If Uncle Tom means someone who doesn't believe everything he's told at face value, then I'm guilty as charged.

At best, you're mulatto.  Not black guy would have your avitar.  (Unless you're gay.)  hth

I said I graduated from a top 10 LS and that they didn't even ask to see my transcript.  Can you read? 
Are you missing my point?  Obviously so. 

P.S.: I'll save you the obligatory: Look, brother, I'm not the one who's unemployed here...

P.P.S.: Go f*ck yourself. 

jlipton

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2005, 10:01:05 PM »
As a matter of fact, I am.
Sure.  I'm sorry, but I'm really annoyed by uncle tom suburban blacks that can't relate to personal stories of (possible) discrimination. 

How long have you been playing the part of victim?  I read your initial post and successive posts and it seems as if that is what you want, to be a victim.  That is my thought.

How long have your been putting on "internet blackface"? 

Sleezstak

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2005, 10:05:29 PM »
LOL you say you graduated from a top 10 ls and yet you are here asking for advice on a Pre-law board...grow a pair and go and get the job you want and quit being a wuss.  I know you expected a whole lot of whitey keepin' you down...but they didn't keep you from graduating from a top 10 ls now did they.  Perhaps these firms aren't interested in a victim, but a go-geter fresh from LS who doesn't care what the color of his skin is.

HTH

ThePerfectSoldier

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - SuzukiAkira138
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2005, 10:05:58 PM »
I love how you assume I can't relate to it because I asked a simple question without even having made a judgement yet - if anything, I gave you the benefit of the doubt(citing Devah Pager).  If you want be to believe that your resume got rejected because you're black, then you'd better damn well be willing to show me that resume.  If Uncle Tom means someone who doesn't believe everything he's told at face value, then I'm guilty as charged.

At best, you're mulatto.  Not black guy would have your avitar.  (Unless you're gay.)  hth

I said I graduated from a top 10 LS and that they didn't even ask to see my transcript.  Can you read? 
Are you missing my point?  Obviously so. 

P.S.: I'll save you the obligatory: Look, brother, I'm not the one who's unemployed here...

P.P.S.: Go f*ck yourself. 

Obviously you don't understand my avatar.

Like I said, I gave you the benefit of the doubt, I was just asking for more about your resume before I took a strong opinion either way.  For all I knew the top ten was your only achievement, you did no extracurriculars or out of school activities in law school and no internships, and applied to top law firms - obviously a stretch, hence me asking for more about your resume.

John Galt

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2005, 04:32:42 PM »
or maybe your resume is just not impressive.

Neither is your LSAT.  Good, but not good enough to brag about.  hth

I've never bragged about my LSAT. In fact, it was quite low considering where I was practicing. I just gave you an alternate cause for the effect that you had. Let me know how your experiment goes though, sounds interesting (i mean that genuinely).