Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Planet Law School on Ebay  (Read 4074 times)

jgruber

Planet Law School on Ebay
« on: June 22, 2004, 10:36:13 AM »
Someone --- not me --- has Planet Law School up for auction on Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6907516257&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

it does not seem to be PLS II.

If you want one of those, I have my barely used copy for sale.

egfmba

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Planet Law School on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 02:09:29 PM »
Jeffjoe, are you selling PLSII?  If so, are you selling on ebay?  I might be interested in buying...if the price is right!  Sorry, too much daytime TV!   ;D
We are responsible for actions performed in response to circumstances for which we are not responsible. - Allan Massie

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 02:11:06 PM »
how much $$ is your copy?
The ability to reason is a magnificant thing.  The ability to ignore this ability is even more amazing.

jgruber

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 02:16:12 PM »

Jeremy

• Sr. Citizen
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 03:00:57 PM »
Did you enjoy what you read?  Was it useful?  Why are you selling it?
The ability to reason is a magnificant thing.  The ability to ignore this ability is even more amazing.

jgruber

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 03:16:37 PM »
Did you enjoy what you read?  Was it useful?  Why are you selling it?

It's not for me.  I thought.  I've posted a bunch O items about it.  To me it is a book about why should read Planet Law School II.

But others disagree and I'd be glad to sell it to them.

If you wanna read more opinions about it search this site.

grahamers

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2004, 03:26:58 PM »
I agree 50% with JoJeffJoJeffJoJeffJoJeffJoJef fJo.  I am up to page 200 of PLSII and I am finding the following:

1. If he would state his premises ONCE and then move on to the HOW TO stuff, the book would be a much better read.  (About 20% of the current size!)  No need to tell me for the 800th time that the way that classes are taught have nothing to do with the structure of the exams!  If I accept that, let me skip the repetition.

2. However, I have found that there are a good amount of gem buried in there.  Specifically in the how to study and how to take exams.  Especcially in the "What study aids to buy" section.  Some peopl have claimed that PLSII is just a book that tells you to buy other books.  My response is, 'With 1,000's of books out there puporting to help people in law shcool, I NEED some help choosing."  he gives you a study framework from pre-school through to exams and shows you how the tools he recommends fit into the studying.

I'll probably sell  mine when done.

34 years old    170 LSAT 2.33 UGPA
Accepted: Wake, Mason, Catholic, Maryland, Baltimore, WVU, Widener
Waitlisted: American
Dinged: GW, Georgetown
Still haven't heard from: Villanova
Attending Mryland

jgruber

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2004, 03:37:57 PM »
Grahamers, I suspect you are 100% right. In the first 100 pages, I found some gems, but they were buried under a lot of crud and the experience of digging for them wore me out.

I had exchanged some emails with the author through the yahoo group for PLS and his answers convinced me that he knows everything and no one else knows anything, so I gave up and swallowed a whole bottle of pills.  He's too much for me.

I'm gonna go to law school -- God willing -- in my naive  way along with the other LS sheep (according to PLS II) and hope for the best.

grahamers

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2004, 03:46:15 PM »
I had exchanged some emails with the author through the yahoo group for PLS and his answers convinced me that he knows everything and no one else knows anything, so I gave up and swallowed a whole bottle of pills.  He's too much for me.

I had same experience.  I decided to read through the damn thing and ignoe the board except for working Hypos.  (I even compared him to a cult leader, which he didn't like too much.)  We came to an understanding after I excplained myself more thoroughly, but I was turned off.  I have found teh hypo discussions on his mailing list to be useful, but I am just using the bok for what i can find that is good, then jetisoning like a used fuel tank from a space shuttle. 

(Sorry... too many sci fi books on CD during my comute lately.)
34 years old    170 LSAT 2.33 UGPA
Accepted: Wake, Mason, Catholic, Maryland, Baltimore, WVU, Widener
Waitlisted: American
Dinged: GW, Georgetown
Still haven't heard from: Villanova
Attending Mryland

jgruber

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2004, 03:50:17 PM »
Yeah, I was turned off.  And the hypos made me think, but I thought of this.  Do I want to learn the law from other pre-law students?

I had same experience.  I decided to read through the damn thing and ignoe the board except for working Hypos.  (I even compared him to a cult leader, which he didn't like too much.)  We came to an understanding after I excplained myself more thoroughly, but I was turned off.  I have found teh hypo discussions on his mailing list to be useful, but I am just using the bok for what i can find that is good, then jetisoning like a used fuel tank from a space shuttle. 

(Sorry... too many sci fi books on CD during my comute lately.)